-Chapter 25-

You've been searching and searching for anything online about a yakuza organization working for a way to get rid of all quirks. Being buried in research made it difficult for you to act like a happy kid around your classmates. Some would knock to see if you were all right and you would grin while saying that you were studying.

If I'm going to save her, I need all the information I can get.

Standing from your bed and stepping away from your computer, you stretched your arms to the ceiling, sighing afterward. "I'm hungry." You swung your door open, lightly pulling it, but it didn't shut all the way. Your face seemed flat and had no certain expression.

After retrieving a few crackers and waving to some classmates, you started to walk back to your room. Taking a bite of a cracker refreshed your mind.

This tastes so good.

Exiting the elevator, you looked ahead, seeing the light from your room project on the hallway floor. Widening your eyes, you dashed towards your room. Looking across the threshold, you noticed no one was there. Sighing, you stepped in, taking your final cracker and stuffing it in your mouth.

A loud bang made you spin on your toes, seeing your door shut and a blonde boy standing beside it with his hands in his pockets. Swallowing the cracker in silence felt awkward. His body moved towards your computer.

"You know you can't get anywhere with researching skills like that," he mumbled, sitting on your bed and typing away at your computer.

Rushing to his side, you blurted, "Hey! I was looking at something!"

Looking at the screen, you saw code all over. To the sock, your lips parted ever so slightly. Your eyes shifted to Bakugo, who was determined to work fast.

"You can...hack?" you questioned.

"Of course, I can! Who can't?" Amazed by his wide range of talents, you sat beside him, watching him decode some of the websites you were looking at. "There's hardly any information on Overhaul's yakuza, but we do know that he is probably working with the League now. He's gotta have a hideout!" He paused his fingertips while gritting his teeth.

"Can't find it?" you asked, turning your head to see his angered look.

"We'll have to wait for Aizawa and All Might to find it." A grin showed up on your face, catching his eye. He flicked his eyes your way as you lightly punched his shoulder. "Hey, what's that for?!" he yelled.

A chuckle escaped your breath. "Thanks for trying to help me, Bakugo."

"I was only helping you because you are weak and can't do anything yourself." he gave a smug look, leaning his back against the wall. "I'll save her. It'll be such a perfect save." He grinned with determination while looking at the computer screen.

"Of course, we will." Seeing all the opened tabs, you asked, "How do I get rid of all that stuff?"

"Are you serious? You can't even do that?!" He moved his body forward, excited out of all the tabs within a few seconds. "Gosh, you're so helpless." He stood up from the side of the bed, slowly approaching the dorm door.

You stood, following him. "That's why my good friend, Bakugo, is around."

He widened his eyes from your words but thought nothing of it. He said, "Who said we were friends?!" and just left the room.

***

Your eyes were glued to the screen, attempting to find any information about the possible hideout. "Maybe I'm digging too deep here. The pros must have some spies." A sigh escaped your lips as you shut your laptop. "I can't even hack or anything." Your eyebrows angeled downwards as you swung your head back in your chair. "I'm so useless!"

Shoving the chair back to stand, you began pacing around your room, feeling the wind from the opened balcony door hit your body.

I've been searching this whole time! I've been stuck on this subject and haven't done a single thing to help the girl. I've done nothing to help! This is like..this is like...

Your knees buckled from beneath you as the tears began to brew. "I tried reaching him but I never made...it." Within a minute, you were sitting in the middle of your room and hugging your knees. Tears dropped from your cheeks as your sobs were muffled. "I'm not over it. How can I get over it?"

Something clicked in your mind as if you felt the urge to rip something apart.

Wait, I felt this before, and...that didn't go so well.

The urge grew and grew, and because of it, fear of yourself was born. You knew that hurting yourself in any way would break Buddy's heart, especially when he's worked hard to protect you from your mother.

"I'm always sad and I always cry. I'm so sick of it!" Your right fist swung back and hit the side of your bed frame. "I'm so sick of it!"

No one knows about this issue except Bakugo.

Standing quickly, you rushed out of your room. Your face was red and puffy. Knowing Bakugo's sleep schedule, it was most likely that he isn't awake, but this urge grew inside you, and the only person who seemed to have stopped it was him.

His door came into view and suddenly, your legs gave up. Stumbling in front of his door, you cried softly, holding your hand up to your mouth to make sure no one woke up. "I just know...that studying in this room helped me stay calm."

You stood slowly, knocking on the door.

I want him to answer. I'm not sure if crying in front of Bakugo is the best thing, especially when he'll shout at me, but he's the only one that knows.

"Bakugo." You ducked your head as if you were hiding your face.

The door swung open, presenting the ash-blonde as wearing basketball shorts and a black t-shirt. He rubbed his head with an angered look. "The hell do you want, Wings?!" His shout seemed just like any other shout. Your muffled cries were silent. Your tears slowed down and your breathing hitched; you couldn't speak. Still, you hid your face from him.

My voice...is gone.

"Dammit! Say something already! I'm trying to sleep and you're here bugging me! You're always so annoying!" His blurting frightened you slightly. Your hands were shaking and your eyes wandered.

"I-I'm sorry." Spinning your body, you ran down the hall. Your handheld your mouth again to hide the cries.

Of course, he'd be mad at me. I've been a burden to him this whole time! How could I not see it? I've been taking his time by having him tutor me and just being my annoying self...I must've been like a bug to him.

"How could I not see it?" you asked yourself as you opened your door. "I'm a burden to all of them, Buddy. I'm trying to act normal and this act...I just can't hold it up as good as I used to." Shutting the door behind you, the scrunched facial expression on your face faded away; you looked empty.

Marching to your bathroom, you took a look at yourself in the mirror.

"Bakugo saved me from my mom on that phone call. He saved me the night I broke down. Was I trying to run towards him because he happened to be there? It wasn't even him just showing up out of nowhere, he was just there. Why?"

Oh...I know now.

Your right hand thrust forward, crushing parts of what's left of the mirror. "It's because I can't run to you, Buddy."

I can't take myself crying all the time and yet I still do it! I just want to hug you again. I just want someone to notice that I'm not alright, but everyone is so busy that I can't burden them. The one person that knows is burdened by me.

"I just need someone to hold onto."