Chapter 14: Surprise Attack

"Haha. That was fun, Kaneki!" You walked hand in hand with Kaneki at the riverside after the fireworks. "It would be great if we had an event like this again."

You felt entirely happy unlike the days back in your childhood. Love just completes your life. You laugh at the situation then and now.

"What's so funny?" He asked while slightly tilting his head. You shook your head, "It's nothing. Just thinking about the past."

Things got awkwardly silent. You thought about speaking out first to break the ice, but Kaneki spoke out first. "(First name)-chan."

"Hmm? What is it?"

"I noticed that you dropped the honorifics when you say name..."

"O-oh...was that bad...?"

Kaneki looked aside, "Uh no... when you call me 'Kaneki' it just doesn't seem lovers-like... does it? So um... I want you to call me 'Ken' instead..."

You looked at him dumbstruck. Kaneki wants you to call him by his first name. Not once have you thought about it since you were too obsessed in gaining in his love.

You started to mouth out his name but you didn't really say it. It felt foreign to you as you try to say it. In the end it came kind of awkward to say it.

"It's alright," he smiled as he pulled you in closer to him. "I can wait until you feel like it."

You looked up to the night sky and realized that a shooting star ran through the sky. "No way!" You randomly spoke out in surprise which caught Kaneki's attention to look up as well. A few more shooting stars followed behind it.

Are you guys lucky or what? After a fun day at a festival to watch fireworks, you get to watch a romantic starry night with Kaneki.

Great. What's next?

"Aarrgghhhh!" <-- lol

A zombie! No wait. It's just a ghoul.

"Damn it, why at this time..." You heard Kaneki mutter. He walked in front of you and faced the ghoul. The ghoul suddenly bursted into laughter.

"AHAHAHAHA! I FOUND YOU!" His kagune came out as he walked towards us. "Oh my, how wonderful! Two ghouls that smell splendid! Plus, one's a latebloomer!"

Another ghoul appeared right beside him. "Yo, what took you so long? I had to endure their lovey-dovey conversation until they you got here."

"Shut up, idiot! It was just that there were so many delicious humans around in a festival that I lost track of the main goal." He wiped the drool off his face. "Moreover, let's hurry and kill the guy and fuck the girl!"

They charged at a frightening speed. They are at a level different from the other ghouls that hang by dark alleys and wait for their prey to enter their den.

Even in your awakened ghoul state, you couldn't react fast enough to their movements. Kaneki stood still before you. It looked like he was just standing there but he was observing every movement they made.

"I got you now!" Said one of the ghouls. His kagune was out while Kaneki's was not.

"Kaneki!!" You shouted.

Without even moving much, when the ghoul attacked him, he grabbed the ghoul's kagune and slammed it right on the ground.

"Bruh! Why you little!" shouted the other ghoul. Instead of going for Kaneki, that one went straight to you. "You better come with us, latebloomer!"

"Wait, why are they coming towards me?!" You punched the ghoul in the face.

You looked over at Kaneki and the other ghouls and realized that he had already taken that ghoul down. Like, damn he's too OP.

You looked down on the ghoul who sort of KOed within that one punch. You squatted down and poked its face with a stick. These guys have incredible speed but they are physically weak. "Why did you guys mess with us when you knew that this would happen?"

"You! You're the latebloomer!" He coughed out, then he grinned and licked his lips. He suddenly jumped up with full energy and tackled you. "Hahaha! A latebloomer out in the open! Must be my lucky day!"

You tried kicking him in the balls but it didn't work since you were wearing a yukata. He was pinning you to the ground that you felt very disgusted that tears started to come out of your eyes. The moment he reached out to your yukata, his body was torn in half by Kaneki's kagune by the repeated stabs.

He quickly reached out for you before the ghoul collapsed on you.

"Thank you, Ka-" you paused when you saw Kaneki's face looking at you with a lusty look. His face was flushed with red and he was breathing a bit heavily. "Kaneki! What's wrong?! Are you sick?! Can ghouls even get sick?!"

"I..." Kaneki breathed out. "I can't take it anymore..."

Before you even ask what he's even talking about, you felt a warm sensation enter your mouth.

----------

A/N: Ty for reading! Here's an update for y'all. Guess what happens in the next chapter~~
\\wiggles eyebrows