Chapter 6: Die, Die, Die

You squirmed in your seat as you waited for Amon to come back. He went to ask the higher ups about the recruitment. You have heard about the lack of ghoul investigators needed to fight back ghouls. You glanced around the floor and saw a childish looking person with white hair and red clips clipped to avoid his bangs to fall. He looked like a girl at first, but he had this feel of a guy. His clothes are also messily buttoned and the fashion was way off.

His head suddenly turned to your direction. He was staring at you and then he walked closer and closer...until he's right in front of you.

You stared back at him, a little creeped out by his attitude. You noticed the red stitches around his neck and arm and wondered if it's his hobby or something...

"Hey," He called out to you. You looked up at his face closed to yours. You quickly jumped back in surprise. "You're the one who called out Amon-san, right?"  

You nodded and stayed silent. He didn't go away whatsoever and sat next to you on the couch. You were kind of disturbed of having a stranger next to you so you scooted away little by litte. You couldn't help but notice the stitches on his right arm and observed it. 

"Are you curious about these stitches?" he asked. He took a thread out with a needle and poked into his skin. He sewed with quick hands and transformed it into a flower. "Ta-da. It's a flower."

You were amazed by his sewing skills and nodded as a response. But he immediately pulled the thread back out. It seemed like he didn't like it.

"Suzuya." Amon called as he came back to take a seat across from you guys. 

"Ah, it's Amon-san." the boy stood up. "When am I going to get my quinque?"

"Quinque?" You questioned. Suzuya was about to answer you but got cut off by Amon. 

"(Last name). You said you want to join the CCG, right?" You nodded slowly and somehow you had the feeling that it will not end up well. "The higher ups said no unfortunately. They want recruits but they just don't want innocent citizens to get involved. You'll get in protection, of course. We asked a rank 2 ghoul investigator to be your bodyguard at all times."

You were surprised that you got rejected but at the same time you sort of expected it. It was kind of like when you got rejected in a job interview. "That's okay." you forced a smile. "Who's going to be my bodyguard?"

"It's someone by the name (insert ghoul investigator's name). He's an excellent investigator. So don't worry." He tried to comfort you but you knew that the stalker wouldn't be that easy to defeat. He was a crazy madman who tried to maybe rape you. You shivered at those thoughts.

"Amon-san. Which ghoul are you talking about? Is it the Ripper?" Suzuya asked.

Amon closed his eyes and sighed. "Yes, it is." He couldn't deal with the young boy and his curiousity. More like, he couldn't deal with the person himself.

Suzuya thought for a while. He was quite bored in the CCG since he couldn't do anything but get information about the Binge Eater. Plus, he doesn't have a quinque yet to play around with. "Can I come too? Maybe I'll get to see the Ripper in action!" He suggested. He thought it was quite a good idea and maybe kill some ghouls since hates them so much.

"Fine..." Amon hesitated. He agreed to it otherwise the boy would keep coming up to him asking him when he's gonna get his quinque.

----------

You left the building with (g/i name) and Suzuya. They had been tailing you for almost a week now and Suzuya got bored so he just went home after three days.