Chapter 11: Instincts

You have been looking for Kaneki for one month. Thankfully, you only had to kill ghouls only once in a while to satisfy your hunger. You also managed to look for a job in order to support your own life and find an apartment to live in.

"Welcome," you said out loud as a customer came in to the convenience store. You worked part-time in the mornings and searched for Kaneki at night. You didn't have any luck in doing so which made you somewhat depressed.

When you got off work that day, you hurried to another ward to continue your search.

"Stop!" A ghoul grabbed onto your shoulder. "Wanna mate?"

You punched the ghoul in the face. Bitch please. You have no time for that.

As you turned to leave, the ghoul activated his kagune and aimed it right at you. You were expecting this kind of attack since most of the ghouls who hunt for their food get really angry when they don't get what they want. You smoothly dodged that attack and the next one as it kept trying to stab you. You laughed inside a bit when the ghoul kept getting frustrated at his continuous air attacks.

Now it was your turn. The ghoul was sort of tired of continuously stabbing you so you took advantage of what moment when it let its guard down. You felt your back split open and a beautiful black red sword came out by your side that slashed like a dagger.

The ghoul was ridiculously weak. Maybe you just earned some experience like in a game which enables you to level up somehow.

How much you wished that life was a game...

Then you could load back to the moments you saved and not fear in moving on to the future, finding out that a bad ending would occur.

The dead ghoul laid still next to your feet. You looked past the ghoul and realized that the ghoul was in the middle of eating of a human who was sort of half-dead with a hole in its stomach. You went over to the human. It was mumbling some random words you don't know since the mouth was ripped apart. The tongue inside was still moving slowly like a beating heart.

"Hwwhheklkolllp nmmeeee....." It said. You just stared at the human. It was crying.

"Why are you crying...?" You tried to ask, but it was too late. The human stopped moving and laid flat on the ground. The sound of its wheezing stopped and it stared at you with emotionless eyes. You felt your heart skip a beat as you closed its eyes.

Could changing into a ghoul somehow affected your way of thinking as well?

You shook away from that thought. That's not what matters right now. Right now, you are in desperate need for Kaneki. (Don't we all agree? Lmao).

The smell of the dead enticed you in some way. You had never tried human meat before. You moved closer to the human and a fragrant smell overpowered the air. It smelled way better than ghouls. Besides that, you were sort of tired of cannibalism. Your hand reached out for the bloody organs in front of you as your ghoul instincts kicked in.

Before you even reached for it, a stab from the back came hitting you like a thunderbolt.

It was a kagune...

Shit. Another ghoul?!

You grabbed the kagune that was still in your stomach so the ghoul wouldn't escape as you turned around. His hair reflected brightly back against the moonlight that you had to squint your eyes. The mask that he always wore was on his face. He cracked his knuckles with his hand and your eyes just slowly wandered all over his body.

You were exploding with happiness that tears started to come out.

Because.

He's back in front of you once again.

--

A/N: Hey guys. I don't know if this chapter was boring or not but here you go! A short update as promised ;D

Thank you for reading this book. It reached 19k reads and it made me incredibly happy. Thanks guys!

Remember to vote, comment, and add this to your reading list!

Read my manga: http://thelastgod.smackjeeves.com/

Read my other story: Insanity [Reader x Yandere] <-- more like psychological stuff...currently not much romance yet..? lol

Ask me shizz: http://ask.fm/tinadraws