Chapter 10: Hunger

A/N: Hey guys, i just wanted to say that I'm sort of running out of ideas sooo I'm just going to write chapters shorter than the ones previously. But I promise there will be more updates:)

Because. shorter chapters --> more updates --> more Kaneki. LOL I hope you understand. 

------

You saw Kaneki in your dreams that day. In your dreams, he was killing ghouls without any fear due to the powers that developed in his body. You were there too. You were standing there, watching the scene happen before your eyes.

When you woke up, you realized that you were in Touka's room. Everything that happened these past few days were indeed real. Including your true existence. When you got up, Touka wasn't in her house anymore so you decided to leave. On the door, Touka left a note for you to lock the door when you're leaving. You smiled and tore the note off and stuffed it in your pocket. She's probably at school right now.

Speaking of school, you haven't attended it for a long time. Your mother probably talked with the principal of the school already and made some stupid excuse for it. You shook your head. Who can you rely on now that you've been abandoned?

You walked to the streets where the stores of various shops are beginning to open. There were many busy people rushing to get to work. You looked at your own reflection from one of the glass windows. You looked like a human like everyone else but inside you were an entirely different species. The way you smell is different now. As you looked back up the window, you saw your eyes turn dark and red. You turned away from your reflection and covered your eyes. You were still shocked and cannot believe that you were suppose to be a ghoul. 

After you calmed down, you waited for night to fall by slowly wandering around the alleys away from the real humans.

Your stomach was rumbling and you felt like one of those homeless people you once saw out in the streets. Maybe you should've went back to Touka's but you also had a job to look for Kaneki. Besides, Touka's group planned to wait until Kaneki gets back. You can't understand them. Kaneki is their friend aren't they? Why wait when you can just go?

Whatever it is, you made your own decision. You planned to look for Kaneki no matter how long it would take. 

"Kaneki..." you muttered. Rain started to pour from the sky. Great. Not only that you are starving, you have no umbrella. You slumped back against one of the alley walls. Human food won't do you any good anymore and you have no strength to get back up. 

"Meow~" you heard a cat call out. Your eyes turned to your left and the cat jumped right onto your lap. You noticed its paw was bleeding and your nose was engulfing the smell as you gulped. Poor kitty...it must've hurt its paw from the debris from glass bottles...

You felt the blood rush up to your head and couldn't control it. You just can't do it any longer...

....

....

You had the intense urge to throw up. You threw up next to you and when you looked at it, you saw a cat's eye looking back at you. Your eyes widened and you threw up even more. Your bloody hands were shaking as you saw what you just did. 

"Ah...that's right..." You looked up at the rainy sky. "Cats are not human..." 

You felt like you were broken into pieces. You miss Kaneki so badly. But at this rate, you will die before you find Kaneki. You had no choice but to kill someone.

Ah...who cares? If you kill someone, it won't be your fault. It was to satisfy your own hunger. Logic or law whatever that matters...it won't matter to you anymore. But if you kill a human, Kaneki...would probably hate you for it so you decided to find a ghoul.

You followed your sense of smell and found one right on the spot. The ghoul looked like a woman in her 20s and she was gobbling up a good looking young man probably in high school. You smiled. Maybe Kaneki would praise you to kill ghouls who kill humans for food. 

You charged up at the woman who didn't notice your presence. You felt something tore open on your around the back of your waist and struck the woman on the chest. "Hnnngh!!" The ghoul yelled out. Its kagune came out as well and tried to strike you in any way possible but you repeatedly stabbed it before it could do anything. 

That night....was your first meal as a ghoul.

----

A/N: Yeahhh so thanks for reading. 

Remember to comment, vote, and add this to your reading list :D

Read my other story, Insanity [Reader x Yandere] 

Read my manga The Last God here: http://thelastgod.smackjeeves.com/

Ask me anything questions here: http://ask.fm/tinadraws