Chapter 7: Your Feelings and Mines

It has been a while since you and Kaneki last normally spoke to each other. Ever since that kiss, things got awkward between you two. When you arrived at Anteiku, you greeted each other and then you guys just awkwardly not talk to each other.

Touka stood behind the counter feeling a bit irritated by the awkwardness. "Hey. Did something happen between you two?"

You choked on your drink while Kaneki flinched. Touka eyed at the both of you which made me sweat. "I-it's nothing...!" you stuttered. Touka sighed and continued serving the customers. She thought it would be too troublesome to investigate further into your relationship.

"Bonjourrrr~" A tall purple man wearing a funky red suit entered the door. He sat down a table in front you. He seemed to be interested in Kaneki since he kept glancing at him which surely made Kaneki uncomfortable. He had a handkerchief wrapped inside his hand and once in a while, he would sniff it and blush.

As you were about to to get up and move out of the cafe, you felt a grip on your wrist. "Wait, (First name)-chan. I have to talk to you. Just wait for me." The eye-patched boy sighed in relief as he let you go and went to upstairs to change.

You sat back down and looked forward to see the tall purple haired man right in front of you. "Miss, what kind of relationship do you have with Kaneki?" He sipped once of his cup of coffee.

What kind of relationship? You thought. You wondered about it. Just what kind of relationship did you and Kaneki have? "Just friends....I guess.."you mumbled. He looked relieved from what you said and started to introduce himself. "I'm Tsukiyama Shuu. Everything about me is tres bien~ Someone like me is perfect to be by Kaneki's side~"

You were kind of disgusted at first but then...something extraordinary happened. You covered you nose and mouth with your hands. 'What is this smell?' you wondered. It was the smell of blood and you could see a faint red mist hovering above the handkerchief he was clenching onto. Your eyes were set on that handkerchief. It was something that you never smelled before and it smelled....awfully good.

You shook your head away from those thoughts. You don't know what just happened. You sniffed the air once again and the smell was gone. Perhaps it was your own imagination. "Sorry for the wait, (First name)-chan." he slipped his jacket on and came into eye contact with Tsukiyama.

"Tsukiyama...." His face showed a bit of hatred towards the man. He quickly grabbed your hand. "Let's go, (First name)-chan." You turned around to look at Tsukiyama as Kaneki was dragging you. He licked his lips as he sniffed the handkerchief again.

--------

You and Kaneki walked towards a nearby park. "He didn't do anything to you, did he?" His face was full of concern. You smiled, "He didn't do anything, Kaneki-san. So what did you want to talk about?"

His ears and cheeks flushed with a tin of pink. "Well, uh...," he began. "I just want to talk about-"

RING RING.

You phone just rang in the middle of the conversation. It was from your best friend. "Sorry, Kaneki-san. I'll take this phone call first." He slowly nodded.

"Hello?" you called out. No one answered back. You could hear someone sobbing in the background. "(F-first name)!! (Best friend's name)....Please come here...!" It wasn't your best friend speaking. It was his mom. You were worried that something might've happened to him.

"Where are you at?" Within a few seconds you ended the call and turned to Kaneki. "Kaneki-san, I'm sorry but I have to go somewhere!"

Kaneki was confused and decided to run after you. "W-wait..!"