Chapter 3: Wound

"Fifteen points?" you heard your mother complain to you as you showed her your latest test paper. "I did not raise you like this so you can disappoint me!"

Your mother's voice echoed through your head as you scribbled on your notebook, studying for an upcoming exam. Yes, no one lived here anymore besides yourself. Your mom lived abroad in the United States along with your ill father back when you were in the first year of middle school. Your mom regretted raising you as her own child when you couldn't study for high markings. And yet, when she left the country, you did way better than before. Now, you're one of the smartest in the class without her ever knowing about your accomplishments.

You stopped writing and looked out the window. A nice night breeze brushed your skin and it the smell of cool air was refreshing. You were about to continue studying, but a shadow caught your eye. It was more like a shadow hopping on the roof.

Is it a ninja?! You stupidly wondered. Of course it's not a ninja. It must've been a squirrel it some sort or animal. The shadow stopped at a rooftop and it was no animal or a ninja. It was a person clutching their arm as if try were injured and he or she was wearing a mask. The more you looked at it, it looked like two ears popping out.

When you thought of masks, you immediately thought of ghouls. You Just learned that Kaneki was partially ghoul and partially human. You thought for a second about what you will do with that information. Threaten him to love you? That sounds too fake.

-----

"(Last name)-san." A classmate of yours called you out during lunch. "Could you follow me for a bit?" His face was crimson red and he didn't even look at you in the eye when he spoke. With your intelligence with shoujo manga, you could tell that this will be a confession.

"Sure," you smiled at him and followed him. You just couldn't wait to break him into tears when you say no since you already have Kaneki in your heart.

You followed him to the rooftop and a group of the top bullies in our school surrounded the floor. The boy quickly ran up to them frightened as the leader of the group put a baseball bat over his shoulder. "So this is your class rep? What a babe!" he whistled.

"Why are you looking for her," asked the girl with barely any clothes on. She smooched the leader and then it turned into a hot kiss with disgusted me. "Keep me by your side instead~"

At this point you couldn't really do anything. In front of you were the bullies and the back? THE DOOR WAS LEFT OPEN!

You quickly ran through the door and laughed as you were running down the stairs. You could hear them chasing after you and some tripped over the stairs which you found very amusing. You ran to your favorite teacher in the faculty room and shut the door waiting for them to pass by.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" (Teacher's name)-sensei asked. You shook your head and awkwardly said nothing.

"Oh that's right," she pulled out some forms and gave it to me. "You're looking for some colleges right? I've been told that these colleges want you."

You went through the list and found the college Kaneki is in. "What about this one?" you asked her and she raised her eyebrow in confusion when you displayed your sparkly eyes.

"Hmm this one has a campus your tomorrow. I'll make sure to tell the others about it so don't worry. You can go check it out tomorrow."

You punched your fists into the air and all the teachers had their eyes on you.

"Haha...it's nothing..." Now that was embarrassing.

------

"Ehh? You're coming to my school tomorrow?" Kaneki said in a surprised voice. "If you would like, we could meet up and I can tour you."