Chapter 5: For His Sake, I Will...

You hanged at Anteiku in the afternoon. It was a request from Kaneki. He told you that it will be best for you to stay there until he came back. On the news yesterday, it seemed like the one with the gun was arrested for murder of an innocent citizen. Therefore, the train station had to be closed off.

He had not told you that he knew it was a ghoul which made you very disappointed, but you understood his intentions. He was trying to keep you away from the ghoul's side, to keep you away from being hurt.

However, you already have one problem. You have a ghoul that stalks you and you have no idea who it is. You feared that the same man might be around your own neighborhood again and shivered.

You headed outside due to the absence of Kaneki. He went somewhere with a man named Yomo and was busy the whole day. Apparently, it was normally Touka's job, but she was studying for her upcoming exams.

You walked out of the cafe and heard someone call your name. "(First name)!!" Your best friend which you haven't seen since middle school ran up to you. "Wow! I haven't seen you for a long time!" He carried a shinai around on his back like usual. He always dreamed on being the world's best male kendo master or something.

He patted your back, hard. "How's your high school? It's too bad that we split up back then." He looked at Anteiku and back at you. "What were you doing there? I thought you didn't like coffee."

"I never said that," you pouted. It was true though. You found coffee too bitter when you were a child. Now you found it bittersweet.

"You liar." He laughed. "I was actually looking for you."

"You were looking for me? Why?"

His cheeks turned slightly red, "I have a girlfriend and I don't know what girls like....sooo you're kind of like my only decent friend...."

You sighed and walked towards a nearby park. "Ahem. First of all, girls love it when you compliment them and when you give them gifts."

He scribbled it down on his notepad and nodded, "Compliments...and....gifts..."

You walked back and forth as he sat on the bench. "Also, make sure you go to places that you both have fun. If it's too one-sided, it won't be as enjoyable."

"Haha, I see.." He scribbled some more and closed his notepad. "It's really funny though."

"What is?"

"You, who had never gone on a date before is telling me all this..." He laughed. "Unless...you've gone on one?"

You stopped walking. "I did...so what about it? It went nothing like what I said though!" You felt very embarrassed about talking about it to your best friend. He was eager to ask you more about who you went with but he checked the time and he had to go.

"Next time, tell me more about that person you like," he waved from a distance. 

"Yeah!" You waved back at him. 

-------

 "Why won't this pain go away?!" You slammed on the countertop of the sink at the park's restroom. Your skin was all ruined now, not even close to healing. Since it wasn't taken care by a doctor, you had to endure the pain everywhere you go. 

As you went out of the restroom, you saw the ghoul from before. He was now in broad daylight, waiting for you to come out. He was a handsome young man in this late twenties. He looked like an office worker with his suit and black leather briefcase. 

"Hey, (First name)... I've been waiting for you." It freaked you out how he was waiting outside the restroom for girls. 

"What do you want, Stalker?" You touched your wounded shoulder.