22. Forever and Always

Start from the beginning

"She decided to stay a little longer, with everything that's been going on. She said she would get a hotel if we were tired of her."

"Maybe she can just go stay with your mom if they find an apartment." I say. She chuckles, softly running her nails up and down my bicep.

"That's not a bad idea actually. They're besties already anyways." Evelyn says, closing her eyes as I kiss her shoulder.

She sighs and a pout forms on her pink lips, "What's wrong?"

"I miss wine." She whines and I chuckle.

"Three more months baby. You got this." I say, letting go of her hand and wrapping my arm around her collarbone, kissing her cheek.

"Says the one that can drink as much alcohol as they want." She says leaning away from me and my jaw drops.

"You did not just pull away from me." I say as a smug grin appears on her face.

I grab her sides, tickling "Oh you little-" I'm cut off by the sound of her laughter as water splashes onto the wall a little.

"Stop! Greyson! I'm gonna fucking pee!" She squirms under my hands and I immediately stop.

"I don't want to test that with the zero amount of control your bladder has right now." I say as she turns her neck to face me, with an eyebrow raised.

"You try having a goddamn human being, sitting directly on your bladder." I put my hands up in defense before she leans back against me. I intertwine our fingers again with one hand as my other rests on her stomach.

"I can't believe Jake and Katherine got married." I say and she nods.

"I know. And they didn't even tell any of us." She huffs. "It was so random. The other day she was talking about how she didn't want to be a rebound and now they're fucking married. I don't get it."

Kissing her temple I lean back on the tub and she sighs contently, looking out the window on the other side of the bathroom. "Do you want to get married?" Her voice echoes through my ears as my gaze snaps down to find her already looking up at me.

"What?" She sits up, turning around before straddling me with one of her hands landing on my stomach.

"I know it's crazy but, I was thinking about it. It'd draw attention away from you supposedly having two baby mama's until we get that cleared up."

She was right. But, what if she's just saying that right now because of her hormones or something. I mean, the girl has some crazy pregnancy brain right now.  The other day, she accidentally put her AirPods in the freezer instead of her ice cream... Let's just say she's been borrowing mine ever since.

"You're not wrong... I just-" I hesitated, but her finger tracing the hockey stick tattoo I had on the inside of my forearm calmed my nerves. "I just don't want to rush this," I motion my hands between us, "I don't want you to regret it, later down the road."

Her hands came up to cup my face, "I won't regret it Greyson. I love you, and you're my person. Forever."

My eyes light up as a soft smile forms on her lips, "I am?"

"Yeah. Everyone has a person. You're mine." A grin spreads across my face.

"You're my person too, Evy. Always" I say pulling her face down to kiss me. I feel her smile against my lips before she pulls away. Resting her forehead against my cheek. "Alright.. Let's do it." I say, causing her to lift her head.

"Really?"

"Yeah. You're right, it'll be good for publicity. Plus, I was gonna marry you one day anyways." I say, my hands resting on her lower back.