163 | Looking For Clues

Start from the beginning

    "I wasn't able to find the truth because of what happened to me. My article was also taken down so no one tried to reach out. It was a shame too because C1A recently won against Paradox, and the Elites were slowly getting power. If I just stayed in J.S high for a couple more days, I think things would have been different," Abel explains, and Keigo and Max could only sigh.

     Keigo puts his phone back in his pocket and looks back at his partner. "What now? Shall we go back to J.S High and try and find something there?" He asks.

     "I think that's—"

     "Wait," Abel suddenly cuts off, making Max stop what he was about to say.

     Abel pulls a pen from his pocket. He then grabs a tissue and writes something down. "This might be of help to you," he says as he slides the tissue in Max's direction. "I don't know if this will be much help, but this is the white uniform who left J.S High and was connected to our clean-up assignment. He was the one who got bullied into giving his merit points away. He knows more than I do, but I'm not sure if he'll talk to you guys though," Abel says.

     "No, this is enough. Thank you, Abel. This really means a lot to us. And thank you for giving us all that information earlier," Max says, standing from his seat and bowing at Abel. Abel was surprised, he wasn't expecting Max to even thank him in the first place. But as he was looking at Max, he couldn't help but smile. "You know, you remind me of someone," he tells him.

     Max stands straight and furrows his brows before asking, "Who?"

     "The previous president, president Matthew Grey Cullen," he says, and a sad smile instantly appears on Max's face.

     Keigo looks at Max and waits for him to say something about Abel's comment, but when Max didn't say anything, he clears his throat and takes the tissue on the table before standing from his seat as well. "I think we should go. Thank you for everything, Mr. Abel Henedy. We appreciate it," Keigo tells him. "We'll head out first. Be careful when you get back."

     "And if you'll ever need anything, don't hesitate to call me. I'd give you my card but I forgot my wallet, but if you want to reach out to me, just call the company. I'll try my best to help as much as possible," Max sincerely says, and Abel stands and bows to Max this time.

     "Oh yeah, before we leave, why were you so secretive earlier?" Keigo then asks. "Why did you tell us to make sure that no one spots us? Are you hiding from someone? Are you in debt or something? You know I can help you with that."

     Abel laughs at what Keigo said, but then he leans close to them and whispers, "Well I had to be careful because the CEO of the company I'm working for is the mother of a previous member of Paradox."

    "Oh, I see, then that's—" Keigo was about to brush off Abel's statement like it was nothing, but when it finally sank in, his eyes widened from shock. "What did you just say?!" he shouts, making the people at the cafe look back at them.

     While Max apologized to the customers on his behalf, Keigo tried to calm himself down after what Abel just told them.

    "We're actually in Paradox territory! This is bad!" Keigo then nervously shouts, and this time, Max smacks his back because of how loud he was being. If he was so nervous about getting caught, then he should at least learn to be discreet.

     "With all your hacking skills, you didn't even know that?" Max complains.

     "Well, how would I have possibly known that he was a member? It's not like I know every single one of them," Keigo answers back, making Max sigh and massage his temple in frustration.