Chapter 11: The school dance

Im going to take you home so you can go and find a dress for tomorrow and I have to make a sale." He smiles you know that means a drug deal.
"Okay" you smile. He puts you down and takes your hand and walks you back to his trailer.

When you arrive at the trailer you take Eddies van to the shop to find a dress. You drive into the town centre and see an amazing shop full of dresses. You park the van and walk up to the shop. You already see two people from school.
"For fuck sake" you whisper under your breath. They are those two bitches that don't like you for some odd reason.
They see you and give you a dirty look.
"Look the other way assholes, nothing to see here" you give them the middle finger and walk on to look at dresses. Some are really nice and some are really ugly.

You browse through the dresses and don't see anything your fussed on

"Hi, excuse me can I help you?" A sails assistant asked.
"Uh, I'm just looking for a dress for a school dance" you say turning around.
"When is this dance?"
"Tomorrow" you bite your nails, knowing you left it last minute.
"Ok, any colour you want in particular?"
"Maybe red? Or blue?"
"Ok, follow me.." the women takes you to the other side of the shop.
"Here is what I think you can afford and what you may like.." she smiles.
"What is that supposed to mean 'what I can afford??" You ask crossing your arms.
"I just mean like, you don't looks rich, no offence, I don't think you can afford much, however I know your type of people and it think these dresses would be nice"

"Fuck off, I'm going somewhere else bitch" you walk out giving the sales assistant the finger.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
You walk out and as you do you push over the dress rack in the floor.
"Whoops" you turn around and smile.
You push some more dresses over wrecking the place. "Assholes!" You shout.

Then you feel some cold hands touch your arms. You turn around and see Steve.
"Hey, what's going on?" He says looking around at the broken rack.
"I lost my shit, let's go.." you take Steve's hand and walk out the shop. Steve doesn't question you yet he just follows you. Then as your about to leave you give them the finger. And so does Steve at the exact same time. It makes you smile.
Steve didn't even ask what is was about he just supported you.
You both walked out.
"Are you looking for a dress?" Steve asks.
"Yeah, but that bitch thinks I can't afford much what a prick!"
"Wow, however just down the street is an amazing dress shop, go there and it's a lot cheaper then here!" Steve points at the shop.
"Thanks, can you come with me?" You ask.
"I wanna be surprised tomorrow and see your gorgeous dress" he smiles.
"Ok, well I'll see you tomorrow then" you smile.
"Okay, good luck, bye" he waves and walks the opposite direction to you.
You walk up the street and come across the other dress shop.
You walk in and there isn't many people. You browse through dresses and see a beautiful red dress. It's not prom so you don't want a big dress but it's nice enough for a dance.
You look at the price. It isn't too expensive.
It's $170.
You go into the fitting rooms and try it on.
For the first time in a really long time. You looked..decent.
You were happy with how your body looked in the dress. It made you happy.
You take the dress of and go and pay.
"Hiya, just this dress please" you say walking up to the counter.
"Okay, that will be 170! Would you like some shoes as well. It's but one get one half price."
"Hmm, how much are plain black shoes?" You ask
"$50"
"That's so good, yeah I'll take it."
The women picks up a black pair of high heals to match your red dress.
"Your total is now $195" She says whilst putting the shoes and dress into a bag.
You hand her the money.
"Thank you" she counts the money and hands you over the bag.
"Have a good day!" She says.
"You too" you walk out the shop and head back to Eddies trailer.
————-You drive back————