Chapter 4: its fine, i am okay

"I don't know" you say opening your locker to put books inside it

———Skip to lunch———-

Max isn't in lunch because she is seeing her councillor. You walk into the cafeteria and line up to get a tray of food. You look at the food and it looks gross today so you don't bother to eat.
You go and decide to make some friends, you saw max talking to this boy called Dustin who looks nice. You walk over to his table where he is sat with this other boy both in the same t shirt that says hellfire club.
It's only them two so you sit opposite them.

"Hi?" The dude with black hair calls.
"Can we help youuu?" Dustin asks.
You put your bag under the table and smile at them. "I'm a friend of max, I'm y/n, just moved here."
The dude with black hair smiles. "Well, I'm Mike, nice to meet you"
"Yeah and I'm Dustin" they both look at each other confused.
"What? I'm just making friends"you say.
They both eat there food. "So y/n how is life here in Hawkins?" Dustin asks.
"Could be better but Hawkins is alright not as bad as I thought it would be"
"Good" Mike smiles at you.
"What do the t shirts mean?" You say.
"It's a club, we are in a club with some other people and they normally eat with us but I'm not sure where they are." Mike looks around the cafeteria.
"What club?"
"It's a D&D club..." Mike begins.
"Dungeons and dragons, yes I know" you interrupt. They both look at you then each other.
"Can I join it?" You ask them.
They both looked so shocked that you asked.
"You have to ask the dungeon master" Dustin says.
"And that is..?"
"Eddie" Mike buts in.
"Eddie Munson? Oh wait that explains the hellfire shirt" you say.
"You know him?" Dustin asks.
"Yeah we watched a movie at my house last night." You say proudly.
"Strange, Eddie doesn't just do that with random girl." Mike says.
"Ransom?" You say.
"No offence"
"Non taken."
They both eat there food and you see three guys walk over including Eddie. All of them wearing hellfire shirts. Eddie sees you. You stand up picking up your bag.
"Y/n where are you going?" Mike asks.
"Eddie I need to talk to you" you whisper to him.
"No, no you don't" he is in a mood, he thinks it's funny.

You can see he is pissed.
"Guys what's going on" Dustin says.
"Nothing Henderson, shut up" Eddie says calmly.
Dustin stays quiet.
"Eddie please"
He rolls his eyes and grabs your hand, pulling you into the hall.
"What y/n?" He asks pissed off.
"Follow me" you take him into the music room where it's just you two and you lock the door behind him.
"Sit" you say pointing to an empty sofa. Eddie sits.
"So?" Eddie says.
"My dad...he came back last night"
You Immediately see Eddies face expression change. "Im so s..." he begins.
"Don't even, it's okay" you say.
"But anyway, he came back with my mom and she said she brought him here, because she wanted him in my life, I don't want to see him ever again and I told her that but she...she wouldn't listen and mark, I'm not even going to call him dad because he isn't one. But Mark wouldn't leave and I asked my mum to pick me or him and she didn't pick me..so I left and hurried out the house" you say that all looking down.
"Why didn't you call my on the walkie talkie?" He puts his hand on yours, the feeling on his cold rings give your goosebumps.
"I rushed out of there and I forgot and i couldn't go back in or they would lock me inside but after I left I walked and I met Steve and he offered his bed for the night and that's it, I'm sorry if I pissed you off" You say looking into his eyes.
He looks at you, you can see he is upset.

"It's okay, don't be sorry I shouldn't have left you in the house" he says.
"No, it's fine I managed well at Steve's." You smile trying to hide your tears.
"Oh, come here" Eddie pulls you in for a hug.
"It's going to be ok, please stay with me tonight, I'm guessing you have no place to stay" he says kindly.
"No I don't, thanks Eddie." You hug him again tighter.
"Are you sure your okay?" Eddie asks.
"Yes I'm fine, I promise!" You smile.
You both look up at each other. You can feel Eddies steamy hot breath in your face. It gets intense for a moment then The bell for the end of lunch rings.
You walk away and grab your bag before unlocking the door. "Meet me after school at your locker" Eddie says.
You nod and smile as you walk away to your lesson.
"Ugh science" You hear max say from behind you.
"I know right" you smile at her. She seems so happy. She seems like such a happy person.
"Are you busy after school? Because I wanna know about you and Steve." She giggles.
"Hmm Okayy and also I have some juicy information about Eddie Munson and I, wait you can keep a secret right?"
"Yeah course" she smiles.
"Good, I'll tell you after school because I'm free and I'm not staying with my parents" you say.
"Why not?" She asks looking at you concerned.

"I'll tell you later"
Max nods.
You both enter the science lab. "Max, y/n, welcome" Mr Rolland says.
You both smile and go sit down. You see Eddie.
"H e y" Eddie mouths.
"H I" you mouth back. He smiles at you.
"Mr Munson, Miss L/n focus on me!" Mr Rolland says.
You roll your eyes and face the front. This class couldn't get anymore boring. You stare into outer space.
"Y/n?" Mr Rolland shouts.
You look up at him. "Huh?"
"Question 6? What's the answer?"
You look in your book with empty notes.
The teacher walks over to your desk and looks at your book.
"Nothing?"
You don't say anything.
"You have done no work? It's been 30 minutes! Get out of my class" he points to the door.
You stand up and pick up your bag. "Gladly" you smile at him looking proud of yourself.
You can hear Max giggle. As the door shuts behind you.
You stand in the hallway waiting for the teacher to come out of the class to talk to you.
The door opens.
He shuts the door behind him. "So..? You think it's acceptable to do no work in my class?" He gives you look.
"Sorry sir, I'm just having family issues." You look down.
"Well I'm sorry about that I really am but that's no excuse not to listen"
"Yes I know, but I keep zoning out and overthinking"
"Well The staff here are here to help if you need to talk" He says calmly.

"Sure, whatever, you all say that" you walk back into the classroom.
Everyone is staring at you. You sit at your desk and Mr Rolland Continues teaching.
"You ok?" Eddie whispers.
You nod at him as Mr Rolland finishes the lesson.
————Bell rings———-
Everyone gets up and packs away. People start leaving the classroom.
Eddie walks up to you. "Do you want to do anything after school."
"Shit, I'm sorry I forgot, I'm meeting max after school" you say putting your bag on your shoulder.
"No worries, do you want me to pick you up from somewhere?" He asks.
"Yea please, pick me up at 5 at the mall."
"Ok, no problem" he smiles.
"Thank you" you appreciate him so much. You hug him and give him a kiss in the cheek. You see him smile.
You catch up to max in the hallway.
"Ready to go to the mall?" She asks.
"Yep" you say walking out the school doors.