𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞:𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐞

Start from the beginning

"We just had a super stressful day." Jonathan explained.

"Stressful huh?"

"Super stressful. I had to listen to some lady—"

"Ok, let's maybe not tell that story." Mike interrupted Jonah with a nervous laugh. Jonah just stared down at the table as Jonathan grabbed his hand.

"This girl got shmacked in the head today at the roller rink."

"Shmacked?" Murray repeated.

"Yeah, one of those roller skate attacks."

"A skate attack?"

"Yeah, but it wasn't an ice skate. It was.....it was a plastic skate." Jonathan attempted to soothe the situation but he really wasn't doing anything at all.

"No, it was like, rubber." Argyle argued.

"Can both of you like, stop talking?" Jonah exclaimed as he gave the two a sharp look.

"She didn't look fine." Mike commented. El slammed her napkin down before standing up and storming off. Jonah watched with wide eyes and just stared down at this food.

"Ok uh, I sense tension. Is it the risotto? Everyone hates the risotto?"

"I love the risotto." Jonah mentioned with a nod.

"Absolutely not. No, this risotto is incredible." Jonathan added.

After dinner and an extremely long shower Jonah laid on Jonathan's bed with a blanket covering his body.

"Today was insane. I'm sorry." Jonathan said once he walked back inside his room and closed the door.

"Insane is our middle names. At least I got to see you though, so I don't really care."

"How were things in Hawkins? Is Ben ok?"

"Bens fine. Hostile, but fine. Nora's taking care of him so we should be good."

"Hate to bring up he who shall not be named, but is he bothering you again?" Jonathan asked causing Jonah to sigh. He who shall not be named was Daniel, Jonah's boss when he used to work at red lobster. He was a total creep who used to prey on Jonah and touch him inappropriately.

"Nah. After my dad got all in his face and told him to fuck off he left me alone."

"Wait a sec. Derek Parker was being a dad?"

"Shockingly yes. I haven't come out to him yet though, and I don't think I will anytime soon. He's changed, but I feel like if I say the wrong thing he'll slip back into his old ways. You know?" Jonah explained. Jonathan nodded and grabbed Jonah's hand.

"I wish you could stay with me forever. A week isn't long enough."

"Trust me, I do too. But you know Hawkins can't do anything without me. I'm the glue of that town."

"You sure are babe. I love you."

"I love you too." Jonah replied as he leaned in to kiss his boyfriend on the lips.

                           *******
The next morning Jonah sat next to Jonathan as sipped on his orange juice and ate his waffles. Mike and Will looked completely depressed and it was honestly getting sad to watch.

"Hey guys, there is a 4:00 p.m. showing of Police Academy 3. Could be fun." Jonathan mentioned.

"Maybe we just stay home today." Will suggested.

"Who's we? I wanna explore Cali and eat the fruit they're known for, oranges!" Jonah grinned causing Jonathan to furrow his brows along with Mike and Will.