Ch 17: Tourney 2

Blue's P.O.V.

It was time. Tourney 2 was here and it was in Pantala! Blue felt good to have the games in his home while still seeing the kids he'd befriended from the other school. It was also easy that he didn't have to play anyone he knew from that school.

"Welcome to the 55th annual school games." Principal Jewel called. "To start, we will have the devious Pyrrhia Warriors. They take on your one and only Pantala University Bees!"

Blue heard the riot of cheers from the stands. Yes, being in your own school was much easier. He spotted Cricket and some of her team sitting in the stands, and she was cheering his name asloud as she could.

"Feel good to have your GF cheering?" Blues friend, Thread, asked.

"Feels embarrassing." Blue joked.

When the game started, Blue felt good to be back on the ice. He and his teammates had the advantage today and if they could win last time, they could win here!

Blue was passed the puck and took the first shot. It flew through the air and hit the goalies glove square. He was disappointed he missed the shot, but also knew the game just stared. He'd have more chances.

Later in the game, he'd gotten the puck again. Instead of shooting, he passed it to open Jade and  she shot and again hit the goalies glove. Blue was shocked he could block that due to the fact Jade had the hardest shot on the team.

"Timeout!" their coach called.

The game was halfway over and they were tied 1-1. Their coach looked just as shocked as the team was. How we're they not up more if they could do it in the last game?

"You guys ok out there?" he asked.

"We've got this." Thread assured.

When they got back out on the ice, Blue wasn't so sure. Could they really beat this team? The answer was no.

With three seconds to go, one of the opponents hit a goal and made it 2-1. The game was over and Blues team had lost. Blue wasn't all that sad though. The team had played hard and one loss would be avenged next time.

Starflight's P.O.V.

Starflight was practicing with Sunny. It was almost game time and he was nervous. Last year, he'd given up the game to Pantala, but was determined to win this one. There was one problem.

He was scheduled to play the same girl that beat him! He'd seen how she did and was worried he'd mess up again. How was he supposed to beat that?

"You ready?" Sunny asked.

"I guess." he mumbled back, in thoughts of the win or loss.

"You'll be fine." she assured. "Cricket may have beaten you last time, but that was then. Now you can show her your better than everyone gives you credit for."

Starflight stood up straight. That's right! He was always mocked for being the worst tennis player, but now was his time to shine!

When they got out on the court, Starflight was feeling different. All the fans in the stadium were from the other school and looked as if they were there to claw through Starflight.

"Now team," the coach called. "We're in another schools court so we're the enemy. Just go out there and give it your all!"

Starflight shuddered at his words. They were the enemy and had no fans. No support. No nothing. How was the team going to win? His coach turned to him and held a look of support.

"Starflight, your team captain today!" he shouted. "Three cheers for him!"

His team were all in support which made Starflight feel better. He had the support of others and didn't need to feel scared. They were going to win this and he was going to lead them to a victory!

When the game started, he remained on the bench waiting. The scores seemed to come very similar to the past game with his friends and opponents on the court. Nobody would give up and scores came down in pressure.

Pyrrhia point

Pantala point

Pyrrhia point

Pantala point

Soon enough, the teams were tied up and it was his turn. Sunny pulled him aside with a look of certainty in her eyes. Something about the way she was smiling gave him more hope than ever before!

Cricket walked to her side of the court and he to his. The boos of the fans around seemed to be blocked out as he readied himself for her headshot hit. It came like a bullet and he smacked it back with ferocity.

She was so surprised that when she went for it, it was already long gone! He'd hit it past her and won the game for his team! Sunny and the others came out to congratulate him as he came back. He'd won!