Ch 5: Sports teams

This should be a super long chapter, so be ready for some..... stuff.

Qibli's P.O.V.

Qibli was looking at the sports roster with confusion. At the end of the half year and full year, they would play a school in all sorts of competitions. There was one problem. He didn't know what sport to sign up for.

Finally, after a long time of thinking, he chose to sign up for a running-back in football. When the first practice rolled around, he saw some familiar faces. The backup QB was Riptide, one of the Linemen was Clay, and the Tight end was.....

"Qibli!" Umber called.

Umber had been friends with Qibli for as long as he could remember. They had met back in the fourth grade and were now good friends.

"How ya been?" Qibli asked.

"Good, but did you know that I'm the starting Tight End!" he said proudly. "I'd like to see what Reed has to say now."

"I don't think...." Qibli started before being interrupted by coach Hawk.

"Alright ladies!" he sounded. "Todays practice is going to a long one, so let's see what you got!"

Just the start to this sports thing.....

Kinkajou's P.O.V.

Kinkajou and Moon were walking the halls of the school. They were heading to basketball practice and Moon was nervous.

"Why are you having me do basketball?" Moon sulked.

"It'll be fun, plus there are always boys watching!" she sighed.

"Why do you care about boys?" Moon asked.

"No reason." Kinkajou lied.

She did have a reason, but Moon didn't seem like someone who cared about love. Yes, Kinkajou wanted to impress Turtle. He was a athlete, and she wanted to impress him by being one herself.

When they arrived at the court of the Pyrrhia Dragons, the other team members stood there. The girls basketball team consisted of her, Moon, Ostrich, Vixen, Breeze, Moss, and Pacific. Kinkajou was so impressed that the team had these girls who were basketball pros! Well, pros maybe a bit of an exaggeration.

"Dribble the ball Moss!" Coach Dragonfruit said. "No on-purpose fouls Breeze! Stop running from the defenders Moon!"

"There's no way that other school will beat us!"

Glory's P.O.V.

Glory and Tsunami were waiting at the soccer feild for their teammates. It was the first practice of the year, and Glory for one was not looking forward to it. Who practices?

"Where are the others?" Coach Kestrel growled. "They're late!"

That was another thing. It was bad enough to have Kestrel for a math teacher, but not soccer too! What was the world coming to?

"I'm sure they'll be here." Tsunami sighed. "If not, there go our ears."

"They may already be gone." Glory joked.

Finally, the rest of the team showed up. They looked soaked and Glory almost felt bad for them. Well, almost.

"Except for these two" Kestrel said pointing to Glory and Tsunami, "Eveyone else will do fifty laps."

"What a year this is going to be."

Winter's P.O.V.

Winter and his friend Changbai were playing catch on the baseball feild. It was the first practice of the year and the first time Winter had people around him he could relate to.

"Who's are coach again?" Winter asked.

"I think it's someone named Coach Blizzard or something." Changbai told him.

"Weird." Winter said.

"Well, wanna go get the catchers gear?" Changbai asked.

"Might as well see your pitching." Winter agreed.

For as long as Winter could remember, Changbai and him had been friends. The weirdest thing was how he was pitcher and Winter the catcher. Bond forming! Yay!

"His pitching is the worst."

Starflight's P.O.V.

Starflight was waiting on the bench for his turn to play. It was day one of Tennis practice and he was a little nervous. What if he wasn't all that good?

He had only agreed to do it thanks to his girlfriend, Sunny's, idea of him playing. Why did he agree! He was going to make a complete fool out of himself!

"Starflight, Sunny, your up!" the coach called.

And he had to play Sunny! If he knew her, she was a Tennis pro! How was he going to do remotely good against her?

"Good luck, Stars." Sunny laughed evilly . 

"Oh great."

SUNY served the tennis ball, and to Starflights surprise he actually knocked it back over the net. Sunny wasn't expecting him to actually hit it, so she completely missed it and Starflight was up 1-0!

"Lucky shot" Sunny spat.

They kept going for a while. 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4, 4-4.

"Here's the final round!" the coach sounded.

Starflight anxiously served the tennis ball. When he hit it, the ball moved faster than ever and managed to get past Sunny! He'd won!

"Good game Starflight!" Sunny said hugging him.

"I guess it was!"

Turtle's P.O.V.

Turtle was waiting for his friends outside the school. He had just finished swimming practice, and guessed they were finishing up as well. Why did other sports practices take so long?!

Moon was first to exit the tall building, followed by Winter, Qibli, then Kinkajou. He wondered if their practices were as successful as his.

"Hey Turtle!" Kinkajou called. "What a day!"

"What was so good about it?" Turtle asked.

"It was soooooooooo funny!" Kinkajou told him. "Moon kept running away from the ball!"

"Really?" Winter asked amused.

"I thought we weren't going to speak of that!" Moon yelled.

"My bad." Kinkajou apologized.

"When we get to this whole competition, I hope our school can stop fighting!"