Ch 4: Life lessons.....

Sunny's P.O.V.

Sunny, Tsunami, Clay, and Starflight were all confused. It had been a week since Glory had come to school and they were worried something more serious was going on. Even though Glory hatted school, she never missed it.

"Maybe we could ask Kinakjou's friends?" Sunny suggested.

"Worth a shot" Tsunami mumbled.

When Sunny and her friends found them, they had the same looks Sunny did. Was Kinkajou gone to?

"Hey Moon" Starflight said to his cousin. "Have you seen Glory?"

"She's been gone for almost a week" Sunny explained.

"Which is weird"

"We haven't even seen rainbow" Winter snarled. "It's better for me, but worse for them."

"He's just as worried." Qibli cut in. "Maybe you could try texting?"

"I guess" Sunny mumbled.

She texted the lime-haired girl. Almost as soon as she sent the text, Glory sent one back. Her reply was.... Interesting.

"Glory and Kinkajou have caught a cold due to swimming." Sunny explained.

"That would be our bad." Turtle sighed. "We went swimming last weekend."

"The life lesson here is DONT GO SWIMMING IN 40 DEGREE WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!" Tsunami laughed.

Later that week, other events made Sunny's world spin....... 

It was about the middle of the third week. Glory and her sister had come back to school, and things seemed back to normal. That was until Fatespeaker approached her.

The black haired girl had always been quiet toward Sunny, and mostly talked to Starflight. Sunny was interested in why, but had never asked.

"I need you to keep a secret." she told Sunny.

"Why me?" Sunny questioned.

"Because your friends, no offense, aren't good at keeping secret's." Fatespeaker whispered.

"What is it?" Sunny asked.

"I have a crush on Starflight." Fatespeaker told her. "Please tell no one."

Before Sunny could reply, Fatespeaker had already rushed down the hall, leaving Sunny in confusion and panic.

"Fatespeaker likes Starflight. No problem, except for the one problem...... I like him to.

Sunny wanted to stop worrying, but she couldn't. Fatespeaker had always been a cheery, fun girl. Sunny couldn't break her heart just to save her own. The problem was she had liked Starflight for years. How could she just stop?

"You ok?" a nearby voice asked.

"What are you doing here, Starflight?" Sunny asked curiously. 

"You've been kinda weird lately." he admitted. "Am I just supposed to ignore that?"

"I don't know!" Sunny yelled. "What do you want me to do?!"

"Geez, I'm just trying to help." Starflight said wounded.

"Sorry" Sunny calmly apologized. "I'm just in a state."

"It's ok." Starflight told her. "But seriously, what's going on?"

"You really want to know?"

"Yes" Starflight remarked. "Maybe I can I fix it."

"I actually think your the problem but......"

"Can we speak somewhere private?" Sunny asked.

"Sure"

When Sunny brought him to her house, she was anxious. She was about to tell Starflight something she'd never imagined telling anyone.

"Listen Starflight...." she told him. "I-I like you."

For what felt like forever, the two just stood in silence. Had she said the wrong thing? Oh no no no! To Sunny's shock, Starflight instead held Sunny's hands in his own. 

"I like you to." He admitted.

The two kissed, which was the best feeling Sunny had ever felt. She hated having to tell Fatespeaker the tragic news, but for now her dreams were here! Life lessson, things aren't always as you expected.