19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House

Start from the beginning

"Okay, see you there, I love you."

"I love you too, bye." I hang up the phone before sliding it back into the back pocket of my vintage mom shorts.

"Ev, those shorts." Ellie groaned, "I want them." A chuckle escaped my lips looking down at them. They were dark blue and stopped mid thigh. "Thrift store." I say, smiling.

"I already have a pair but I saw these on my why out in a bigger size, and I had to get them because that would mean I could actually wear them because my vintage mom shorts are my favorite pair of shorts by far."

"They're fucking adorable on you." Sophia say, taking a step forward as the line moved.

"I swear you were born in the wrong decade." Katherine chuckles.

"For real." Ellie agrees.

"She needed to be like a teenager or in her early 20s in the 90s, not born then." Sophia says, making me let out a small giggle.

"You guys say that, like we don't all dress alike." I say, nudging Katherine with my hip.

"Yeah, but your aesthetic is literally almost always 90s, where I feel like mine is different everyday." She says, lightly nudging me back.

"She's not wrong. One day she's thirty year old mom with three kids, the next she's a teenage girl, and the day after that she's an influencer." Sophia says before Katherine smacks her arm.

"I do not dress like a teenage girl. Teenage girls just dress older than their age these days."

"These days? How old are you?" I ask as she sticks her tongue out at me like a little kid.

"Apparently not old enough." Ellie says as Katherine rolls her eyes.

"I thought you guys would be done by now." Anne says, making our heads turn to see her walking up with a candle in her hand.

"It's Home Goods, they are never fast."

"If that ain't the damn truth." I say as we all laugh, receiving glances from the group of teenage girls in front of us.

After another ten minutes, which felt more like twenty, we finally made our way out of the store and to Home Depot to meet the guys, who were definitely going to be complaining about food now, even more than they would've.

"How much you wanna bet that Jake whines about food first?" I ask, my right hand relaxing on the steering wheel, as my left rested on my stomach.

"I give him five minutes." Sophia says as we all laugh as I signal and turn onto the busy street where Home Depot and IKEA are.

"Five? More like the minute we say hi to them." Katherine practically snorts.

"We won't even get to say hi before he's complaining." Anne joins in, setting her phone down in the cup holder.

"I seriously need this car." Ellie says from the back seat. "It has built in TV screens in the headrests for Christ's sake." She says as I chuckle, pulling into the free park spot next to Greyson's truck. I turn off the ignition before grabbing my purse and hopping out, the guys do the same.

"Jesus, you took twenty minutes! You know what that means? I have to wait even longer before I get to eat!" Jake says as we all try to stifle laughs.

"Called it!" Anne says, patting Jake on the back.

"Called what?" He says, his brows furrowed as he leans down and hugs her. "Hey Mama Rhodes."

"We were betting how soon it took for you to complain about food." Katherine says giving him a cheeky grin.