19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House

Start from the beginning

"Grey wants to help with those too." I say as Anne grins.

"You have that boy so whipped." She says as we all chuckle, "Do you have washable mattress pads?"

"Bought some when we got diapers."

"Okay. How about a place to store toys?"

"IKEA is by Home Depot, so I figured we could look there."

"Yes! I love IKEA." Katherine says as we all agree.

"I figured we could look at rugs at TJ Maxx or Home Goods after we leave her, since it's next door." I say as we make our way to the checkout. "I have a couple of play mats that just shipped, along with a swing, a bouncer, blankets, including swaddles, and burp cloths."

"Sounds like you are all set for the most part." Anne says, starting to put items on the conveyor belt.

"Do you guys have a stroller and a carseat?" Sophia asks, handing items to Katherine.

"Yep! They arrived yesterday! We got a carseat for each car, and a stroller that grows with the baby or something." I say, pulling out my wallet.

"What does that mean?" Katherine asks.

"I guess you have to buy different seats and stuff as your baby grows, so right now the car seat will go on it, and then it came with a seat for when he switches carseats."

"What color did you guys get?" Ellie asks, grabbing bags and putting them in the cart.

"Grey."

"Convenient." Anne says as we all chuckle.

We quickly pay and pack everything in my new 2022 charcoal grey, Lexus GX, before walking over to Home Goods. After walking in and making our way to the rugs section my phone starts vibrating.

Pulling it out of my back pocket and seeing that it's Grey I quickly answer it before bringing it up to my ear.

"Hey!"

"Hey baby."

"Are you finished with the crib?" I ask, scanning through the rugs as the girls point out a few they like.

"Just got done, we're about to head over to Home Depot if you guys are ready."

"We're picking out a rug, which hopefully shouldn't take long, and then we'll meet you there." I say before I hear mumbling on the other side of the phone.

"What? Babe, hold on." He says, most likely pulling the phone away from his ear.

After another couple of seconds of muffled talking Greyson's voice becomes clear again, "The guys want to know when we're getting food." He says as I chuckle.

"It's barely.." I pause looking at my light pink Apple Watch, "It's not even 11 yet." I say, an amused chuckle escaping my lips.

"It almost is." Greyson whines.

"How about we hit Home Depot, and then grab lunch before IKEA."

"No!" Katherine says as my brows furrow. "We're eating lunch at IKEA, god woman have you lost your mind?" She says, her eyes nearly bulging out of her head.

"Okay fine, we'll go to Home Depot, and then eat lunch at IKEA." I say as Katherine nods in approval.

"Hold on." He says, his voice becoming partly muffled. "Okay, sounds good."

I chuckle, pointing at one of the rugs the girls have pulled out, "That one." I whisper as they all agree. "Okay, we're about to check out, so we'll see you soon."