Meet The New* Family

April 2st, 2019

The Umbrellas did not take time-travel well, as always with their first time. Me and Five were fine, putting the briefcase down absently on the table between us as his siblings moaned. We were back  in the Hargreeves mansion, off to a good start.

Five picked up the newspaper infront of him. "April 2nd, 2019. Day after the apocalypse."

I sighed with relief and hit the table. "Yes. Finally."

The Umbrellas laughed and exchanged congratulations.

"I don't know about you guys but I need a drink." Klaus said.

"Yes." Lutyer said.

"In fact I need several." Klaus added.

"You know Klaus ya really starting to grow on me." I nodded as we headed for the living room.

"I should go find Claire." Allison said.

"Oh come on. One drink." Luther dragged her in with us.

We entered the living room and Klaus headed for the bar. We all stood around, Five put his hand back on my wrist, and waited for the drinks.

"Why is there a painting of Ben over the mantelpiece?" Deigo asked.

We looked up and sure enough, where Five's portrait had once been a twelve years old Ben was hung up. Klaus walked over from the bar and looked with us.

"Why's his uniform red?" I added. The old one had been blue.

"I knew you'd show up eventually." A familiar asshole said.

We turned and saw Reginald fucking Hargreeves get up and look at us.

"Dad." Deigo said.

"That ain't right." I muttered as Five held my wrist. 

"You're alive." Luther said in disbelief.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Reginald asked.

Luther stammered. "Yeah. Yeah your right. I'm just happy that we're home and... together again."

"Home? This isn't your home."  Reginald said.

"What are you talking about?" Allison asked. "This is the Umbrella Academy."

"Wrong again. This is the Sparrow Academy." Reginald looked behind and we turned to follow his gaze. Above us on the balcony six people were gathered looking down at us.

"Dad who the hell are these assholes?" Ben asked, because Ben also had to be alive. Because God hates me.

"Shit." We all said in unison.

"Ben." Klaus smiled.

Luther stepped forward. "Is that really you?"

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?!" Deigo yelled up at them.

"They, are the Sparrows." Reginald said as they all exchanged confused looks. "My children."

I groaned. "Come on. Can't we get five minutes to have a drink in peace? Five minutes?"

Five elbowed me and looked back at his dad. "I'm sorry. What do you mean your children? That's not possible old man."

I didn't take my eyes off the Sparrows and saw them leave the balcony. They entered the living room and I nudged Five to warn him.

"Of course it is." Reginald said. "I think I'd know, wouldn't I?"

"Everybody else can see Ben right?" Klaus asked, beaming and pointing at his brother.