I Underestimate How Mad Five Truly is

We left the store out the back, to avoid cops. We got a taxi and headed back to the Umbrella Academy, checking every corner as we went. I kept my hand on my gun hidden under my blazer until we had entered the front door, even then I was too shaken to let my gaurd down.

As we reached the top of the stairs Allison and Luther were walking past. They stopped and looked at us confused.

"Five?" Allison asked "What the hell happened to you?"

"Pleasure to see you too, Allison." I grinned. "Glad to see I have so much importance to you."

"Well yeah, same goes for you. You both look like shit." Allison said.

I rolled my eyes and shoved my hands in my pockets, tired. Five just stared into space, the bag containing Delores still over his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Luther asked. "Can we help?"

He reached out to touch Five. He grabbed his wrist and squeezed it.

"There's nothing you can do." He said darkly, almost sadly. "There's nothing any of you can do."

He let go and walked away back towards his room. I watched him go. I sighed heavily and leaned against the rails, rubbing my head.

"Hey what happened to you two?" Lither asked me.

I pulled out a cigarette and lighter. I lit it and put the cigarette in my mouth, inhaling deeply. I blew smoke and looked at Luther.

"Too much for one sober night. You two go about your business, like he said there's nothing you lot can do." I put it in my mouth and walked away.

In his room, Five was fast asleep hugging Delores. He was lay down over all the overs, still clothed, shoes and all. I sighed and left. I headed downstairs and sat down behind the bar in the living room. About an hour later I remember nothing.

March 26th, 2019

I woke up still at the bar. Sat down on the stool face down on the cold marble. I sat up and stretched, groaning. My back hurt, the side of my face was numb with cold, and I was hungover. A good start when there's five days left till the end of the world.

I stood and wondered through the house, looking for Five. When I got yo his room he was up and shirtless, tending to a bullet hole in his arm.

I leaned on the door and sighed. "You should let me."

"You were a bit busy being drunk." Five said not looking at me.

I stepped off the door and sat down beside him. "Well I'm up now." I took the cotton and started cleaning it wordlessly as Five say there.

"You get any?" He asked me when I picked up the needle.

"Nah." I threaded the needle.

"Lucky,"

"Ain't I just." I started sticking it shut and Five winced. I had it done in about ten minutes and Five finished it off with a bright yellow kids plaster. He got dressed, zipped up Delores's bag, and opened a window.

"Ya know this ain't a prison?" I said as he did. "We can leave normally."

"Less conspicuous." Five said, grabbing Delores's bag.

"This is the definition of conspicuous."

"More secretive then." Five said, climbing out the window.

I rolled my eyes and followed him. All the windows in the house had small black rail balconies outside. They were all connected by stairs and ladders in a maze of wires. Five started climbing down the stairs first, Delores over his shoulder. I followed him down.