"Yes! Yes! Here, hold my hand!" One hand was quickly jutted forward for Y/n to take. She laughed warily and only half held up her hand.

"Thanks, I can walk on my own tho-"

Before Y/n could finish her sentence, the entity took her hand and the world around her immediately became warped and fuzzy. Subconsciously, her grip on the entity's hand became tighter as she felt she could be pulled away from him any moment now, but the world slowly became less of a jumbled mess and more of a desolate clearing. This clearing was just as grassy as the path she traveled on which grew a variety of flowers that stood tall even as she and the entity stood among them.

Yellow, white, and pink flowers.

"Please," she released her tight grip, moving away, "please tell me when you're going to do that again." Y/n's head spun for a few moments, an after-effect of the quick teleportation. The girl plopped down on a soft tuft of grass in the center of the field; flowers and strands of longer grass tickling at her exposed skin.

"Oh, I'm sorry.." He trailed off, lowering his head while clasping his own slender hands together, "I do get told that I get easily excited like that..."

Y/n nodded in understanding, humming in thought. She shifted her shoulders, making sure that her backpack and items had also come along during the almost magical teleporting. She should be used to this by now, all this supernatural stuff...but a part of her was still unsure.

"So, um," she began to twirl a blade of grass around her left pointer finger, "why did you bring me here exactly?"

As far as she could tell, this place was farther from the lake and it was mid-day, so Y/n would most likely need to be back by sunset before her mother got worried and decide to go look for her daughter herself. Y/n's mother wasn't very great at directions either so she would get lost the moment she stepped off the path.

"To get you to remember, silly," the not-so-faceless creature practically beamed down at her, "we played hide and seek here all the time!"

So... Y/n had been here before is what he was saying. She glanced around the clearing, eyeing the oak trees that lined the perimeter, then back at the entity with creased brows and a small smile.

"Sorry, I-"

The female stopped herself, wincing as a memory forced its way up to the forefront of her mind.

"Friend!" A young girl cried, crashing into the tall entity's legs with a hug. A long hand reached down to ruffle the girl's hair, being gentle as can be. The girl glanced up, a toothy smile shining brightly at the entity, "daddy left me alone again! Let's play!"

Y/n inhaled sharply, her mind pounding as she vividly remembered the scene while being inside the eyes of the child. She gripped a handful of grass with her left hand as her right gripped at the center of her shirt. The sides of her torso were sore, as if she had just collapsed after running for an extended period of time and needed to catch her breath.

A smooth and familiar sensation ran across her back, slowly rubbing in circles to ease her breathing, "are you okay? Did you remember?" This entity seemed so eager on wanting Y/n to remember that Y/n just now realized; she had no clue what his name was.

The female got to her feet and turned towards the tall creature. A tendril with a bell attached at the end that retreated back behind him did not go unnoticed and only proved her theory that he was related to Slenderman.

"J-just who are you?" She had her guard up, her eyes narrowing at the creature who stilled, not exactly expecting this response so soon, but visibly relaxed. He made no move to grow closer to her but instead relaxed.