39. Red Flags

_________________________

____________________________

Taehyung walked out, leaving you questioning anything and everything you knew about Jungkook and his abduction. To say the least, you were highly anxious after all that he has said.

You checked on your injuries, everything hurts. The effect of the sedatives was going away but that didn't stop you from getting up on your feet and limping around the room to look for something, anything, to keep you occupied and your thinking process to reset.

But you couldn't do what you planned for, just two steps and you were on the ground, groaning and biting on your lips to stop you from screaming in pain.

Soon the door flung open and you saw Taehyung walking in with a worried expression on his face.

"What happened? Are you alright?"
He rushed to help you.

"Didn't I tell you to rest?"
He asked, while helping you sit on the bed.

As soon as you got some support, you flinched out of his arms. The thought that he wants Jungkook dead made you look at him as if he was vermin.

Realising the look of disgust on your face, Taehyung retrieved back.

Taking a few steps away from you, he spoke again.

"You can hate me with all your heart but that doesn't change a thing. Jungkook needs to be removed from the path and you can't do anything about it princess."

Your bloodshot eyes were narrowed at him and you knew you won't hesitate to skin him alive.

Fighting your death stare, Taehyung held out his hand to help you stand up. And you didn't take a split second to yank it away.
Groaning and biting off your pain, you stood up and looked the man in his eyes.

Layers and layers of veil were covering his true expression. People like him were the worst. One moment they pretended to be above all of this, the very next they did things grosser than a vermin.

It pained you to let that sink in. It pained you to think that V was Kim Taehyung.
Years ago, when you met him for the first time, he presented himself like a true gentleman. A man who knew how to treat a woman right, a man who was passionate yet gentle.
That night when you walked out of the room, leaving him in the bed sleeping soundly, you left with a smile on your face.
You had a good night. Actually, a great one!
It's so disturbing that he was the same person who has plotted against his own brother this heinous crime, who has shot point blank on little Saddie and God knows what else.

Without any thought, you spat on him.

Taehyung's brows narrowed, you saw a spark of demon expression but he was soon to compose himself and put up his fake slay smile back again.

"Princess, don't offend your allies when you already have a backyard full of enemies", said Taehyung while wiping off his face with his satin napkin.

"You are not a fucking ally, you are an absolute piece of shit."

He chuckled.

"What ? Did you prefer being tortured to death rather than being treated nicely? Huh, pretty little girls are always gonna fall for the red flags."

The fact that he acted cool, was making your gut swirl and you wanted to throw up.

"I gave heads to this motherfucker"
you scoffed and went on to sit on the velvet couch at one corner of the room.

Taehyung still stood there for a while and you thought that he probably didn't catch that. Moving your nails through your hair you could only wonder what was the way out of this rathole when you saw his tall stature walking towards the couch.

"You know what princess, I would burn the whole world to get you back on the bed and fuck you till all your spiteful words turn into sweet mourns but guess what ? That scumbag Jungkook has to have everything that I ever wanted."

He was jittering his teeth and paused for a long sigh.

"And that's the reason he'll need to pay a price for it."

There was a smirk on his face and an expression you didn't know what to make of.
But you knew only one thing, this wasn't good. There was a feeling at the back of your mind that this might take some turns completely unimaginable and the biggest fear you had, was that you'll probably never get to see Jungkook again.

__________

a/n : well, i know a lot of you have been waiting for this update for long so i'm posting a smaller chapter rather than putting up nothing. please bear with me as i'm struggling through my writer's block but i swear i am trying my best to give you a story that you will love. thank you so much for being patient and understanding.

do leave some comments or your feedback, it really helps me to get back to writing.
XOXO