38. Jigsaw

A chill went down Jungkook's spine. He felt like someone had sucked out all the air from his lungs.

"Turn around and show your bloody face."
Ordered the voice from his back.

With his senses going numb, he did what he was asked to and faced the man standing behind him with a loaded gun in his hand.

There was a disgusting smirk on his face and his tshirt was stained with blood of the people he had killed a while ago.

So this is how it ends, Jungkook thought to himself. He's never going to see her again. Probably she would die because of him, because he couldn't even do the simplest of thing expected from him.
The feeling was so sickening that he could have got a bullet shot in his head and that would probably be less hurtful.

"Sad, that boss wants you alive, or else it would take me just a second to load in all the bullets into your sad little fac---"

He couldn't complete what he was saying. Because his mouth was filled with blood and he was choking on it.
He spat it out, splashing blood on Jungkook's face.
Then with a loud thud, his lifeless body fell down in front of Jungkook.

Hoseok tucked his gun at the back of his pants and ran towards the youngest. He saw an anonymous vehicle chasing their van and knew the gang members sent to Hopeworld was rather a decoy.

When he hugged Jungkook, he felt like the younger man wasn't even breathing. He was as stiff as a log.

Hoseok knew it was too much to take for a man who has probably never even seen a living being die in front of him. And that pained his heart.
He never wanted innocent people to be indulged into the dark world he and Yoongi lived in.
He didn't even want Jimin and y/n to be on this side of the world, but they had no way out either.
And now, he was starting to feel like things were even going to be the same  for Jungkook.

"It's okay kid. Let me take you back to Hopeworld, alright?"
Hobi said affectionately, but nothing was reaching Jungkook's senses.

So the elder had to literally drag him towards the car, push him inside and drive back to the only safe place where he could be kept unharmed.

_________

Jin was slurping on instant noodles, his eyes glued to the screen of his computer which was running some data analysis.
He was sitting on the same chair for the last four hours and was not gonna leave it until he found what he was looking for.

Meanwhile Namjoon was pinning the images of the members of the Jeon family, Kim Taehyung and everyone related to the case.
He was connecting the pins with a red thread, linking one person to the other and taking down notes when he heard Jin gasp.

"HOLY SHIT!"

Namjoon turned around to find a cup of noodles flipped in front of Jin's keyboard while the eldest's eyes were shoot open in shock.

"And you say I am the clumsy one" murmured Namjoon while trying to grab the fallen bowl and chopsticks.

"Leave that, you are not gonna believe what I have found."
Jin had a weird smirk on his face.

The younger looked over at the screen and he found two data reports windows were open side by side.
On one y/n's name was highlighted and on the other was Kim Taehyung.

Both were of the same date:
27th August, 2019.

At the same location,
Governor's Mansion, Seoul.

At the same event,
The Annual Gala Meet of Business and Bureaucracy.

Namjoon's eyes glittered with excitement. The blood in his veins started bubbling and a slay smile appeared at the corner of his lips.

The first piece of this dark and twisted jigsaw just fit into it's place.

__________

a/n : i am extremely sorry for being so terribly slow with the updates.
and i know this chapter is small but...
i gave you a lot in this tiny piece, didn't i ?