his name was tate

The surgery was meant to take place on a couple of ours and I was not mentally prepared for this. They couched me on how everything was gonna go. The risk and benefits. So on and so forth.

That did nothing but make my anxiety shoot through the rough. This could go very well or very VERY bad. My palms were sweating and legs shaking. Tyler grabbed my hands.

"Hey sweetie, its all gonna be alright. I got you, okay? Have I let you down yet?" He said and shook my head no.

"Exactly you'll be alright. Your friends and family are waiting on you on the other side, so you gotta be strong okay?" He said and I nodded.

"Good. You ready?"

I nodded. And then everything went dark.

I dreamed of a beautiful life. My father remarried. My friends were happy. Me and Tate were good. It was a wonderland. And it all can become an reality once I open my eyes. I could have everything I dreamed of and more. I could ride a rollercoaster. Eat a lot of high sodium foods. Kiss a boy. The possibilities were endless and I couldn't be happier.

The sound of beeping filled my ears and I slowly began to open my eyes. I began to look around and the slightest movement made my body scream in agony. Jesus H Christ that hurt. "Fuck me!" I screeched.

Then the sound of shuffling and a lot of pairs of eyes caught my attention. My dad, Tate, Mike, Tim, Tyler, Becks, and Mrs. Robinson, were all sitting in the room almost stacked on top of each other. They looked tired stressed and relieved. Wait, why is Tim here?

"Hey guys." I said in a hoarse voice. My dad poured me some water and Tyler was already by my side doing doctory stuff. I took a sip of the water my dad handed me and looked around.

"Why is everybody here? Tim? Aren't you supposed to like not take anytime off, especially at the begging of training?" I asked.

He moved to the end of my bed. "Babygirl, nothing in this whole world would've been able to stop me from seeing you." He said with a smile.

"Everything seems okay. Your gonna stay in the hospital for a a week or two just so we can monitor everything, but if everything goes good, you can start your new life." Tyler said with a smile. His hand went to my cheek and he bent down and kissed my head. "I am so proud of you, Angel."

I smiled up at him. "Thank you." I said to him and I couldn't thank him enough to be honest. He nodded.

"Alright, I'm gonna finish up some paperwork and I'll be back later." He said and began to make his way over to the door.

My friends and family flooded me. Tate and my dad were by my side while everyone just flocked to me. They gave me pleasantries and made me smile and laugh. Tate, however, was quiet.

We talked and talked and soon people began to leave. Tim goes back tomorrow night, so he and the other will come back tomorrow morning. My dad and Tate remained. Tate has still yet to say anything. My dad kissed me on the forehead. "He can stay with you tonight. He needs it. I'll spend my whole life with you, but he needs more than I do right now." He whispered before turning to leave.

Now it was just me and a silent Tate. "Tate?" I said. His eyes met mine but they seemed so empty.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I said I reached out my arm and grabbed his hand. And he clutched it so hard I thought it would break. His shoulder sagged and his breathes were uneven. But he didn't cry.

I moved over on the bed and made room for him to get in. It hurt like hell to do, but I ignored it. He was hesitant at first. "Doesn't it hurt?" He asked. His voice was filled with a void. I shook my head.

"I'm doped up on drugs, can't feel a thing." That was a lie. I told them I didn't want any painkillers, I wasn't sure if I had my mothers addictive personality or not and didn't want to find out. So I'd rather endure it.

He mad his way into the bed moved down, so that his head was near my stomach and he wrapped his arms around my thighs. And he crueler himself in a bit of a ball. I stroked his head and let the silence fill the room.

After awhile he said. "Flatlined. Twice." He said. My hand stopped it movement on his head. "Everyone went to take a break, for food, bathroom, you know to refresh. But me and your dad stayed. And that's when we heard it. It was faint but we heard. Then a few people was rushing in and out. Then you were fine and then 3 minutes later. We didn't tell the others, but they could tell something went wrong."

My heart sank. My dad was probably terrified. He probably said Tate could stay do he could be alone for awhile after knowing I was okay. He has the tendency to deal with his pain in private. Which I always hated.

I had nothing to say, so all I did was hold him til we both fell asleep.

The next day everyone came back over and we hung out talked and caught up and soon Tim had to leave. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and as tight of a hug as I could muster. Tate, Becks and Mike were gonna take hi. To the airport. I gave Tate a quick kiss, and told him he could come back tonight if he wanted and he nodded. Mrs. Robinson gave me a kiss on the forehead and patted my dads back and then left.

I spent the day with my dad just talking. About everything and nothing. I didn't want to bring up what Tate told me, cause I didn't want to make him relive that. But I did everything I could to reassure him that I was okay.

Hours went bye and he kissed me on my forehead and made his way home.

Then I waited for My Tate. However, it was late and I was exhausted so slowly began to fall asleep, but soon after I heard the door open. "Sorry, I'm late, little owl, but I-" he stopped mid sentence.

He huffed a big huff and chuckled a bit and he mad his way over to the bed. He slowly wrapped his arms around trying his best not to cause me any pain or discomfort. Though I was still awake he seemed fast asleep. I couldn't help but stare. He was a beautiful specimen.

Tall. Handsome. Even with his face riddled with fresh bruises and cuts he was still a sight to behold. I began to move my hand to his face and began to trace him. Trying to memorize him with my touch.

He suddenly stirred and it made me freeze. "Hmmm. Meloni?" He said. He seemed to still be sleep, I think?

"Yes." I responded softly.

"......I.....I love you." He said.

I could feel every cell in my body freeze at that very sentence. Should I say it back? Wait do I love him? I mean I think I do. But I don't want to say it to him in his sleep. But I am I falling in love with him harder and harder. Yes. I think it's almost there. But after very thing he needs to prove himself a little more. But I do love him

So instead of saying it, I just gave him a peck. And hugged him tight. Don't worry, My Tate. I love you much more than you know.

I snuggled up to him again and fell into my sleep.

My life has finally begun. I was able to get a heart. Make friends. Start a new relationship. And experience life and I wasn't able to do that before.

I was grateful.

Grateful for my friends.

Grateful for my family.

And grateful for my growing feelings.

My first ever crush. My first ever kiss. My first ever heartwrench. My first everything.

And his name was Tate.

Meloni and Tate will return......