time passes

The days seemed too blur together. It been about four months. I was stuck in the hospital, undergoing treatments and taking meds. Since my dad was at work we had to find someone to be home school teacher. They settled on this sweet old lady name Mildred, but she wants us to to call her Milly.

How ironic that my teachers name is one of the name Tate used to call me.

She was so cute, but dear god she bored me. I never thought I'd say this but I prayed for my treatments to come. At least I could have some type of stimulating conversation with one of the nurses or Tyler, if he felt like talking.

Things with Doc. Tyler were still a little rough. Tyler loved me like a sister and recently I've been acting like a brat of a sister. He spent so long taking care of me, just for me to almost throw my life away. I could understand why he was still a little grumpy. But he was warming up to me again.

Becks and Tim visited more often. Hell they even dragged Mike a long a few times. Which was absolutely unnecessary, but he came nonetheless, and I thanked him for it anyway.

Tate came at least 3 time a week. Sometimes he'd stay the night. He would sleep in the chair next to my bed, due to the fact that I didn't want us to accidentally start something and just in case my dad or Tyler walked in and thought the worst. They were still warming up to him, but I could tell the tension was dwindling.

We still haven't heard anything about a heart, but it's still early. I tried to keep an optimistic smile for everyone, so they didn't know how I really felt. But in all honesty I was terrified. Though I'm 17, im turning 18 soon, and that'll probably push me lower on the list. And the lower you get the longer you wait.

But like I told my dad. I'll survive no matter what. Even if I have to live the rest of my life with this stupid heart, Im going to make it.

It was around 2:30 and Milly was leaving for the day. And I sighed myself a breath of relief. While Milly packed up her stuff, a knock came to the door.

"Who is it?" I yelled.

"Who else?" Yelled Becks.

Milly looked at me. "It's Rebecca. Mind opening the door." I asked.

"Okay. I was heading out anyway dear." Milly gathered her things and walked over to me and touched my hand. She always did that before she left. I asked why, and she told me when she was young, her mother told her that hands with good intentions will be able to heal anything. So it was her way of healing. And whenever she did it a smile always came across my face.

She made her way to the door, opening it and make her way out pass the group of teen-adults. They muttered there hello and goodbyes as they passed each other, and Tate, Becks, Tim, and Jackass Mike, made there way into the room.

Tate immediately took his sat next to my bed and Becks moved her way to me, motioning for me to scoot over. She laid next to me and Tim and Mike just pulled the other chairs on the farther side of the room at the edge of my bed.

"What are all you guys doing here?" I asked. It was normal for Tate, Tim and Becks to be here, but Mike too. Something is a bit fishy.

"Well, im here for my other half, Tim just tagged along with me." Becks said as she put her arm around my shoulder.

"Mike followed me. Probably, so he can stalk Becks." Tate said next to me. Becks rolled her eyes at the statement.

"What? I'm a hopeless romantic." He said with a smirk, making direct eye contact with Becks.

"Anyway, where's you dad?" She asked.

"Probably, on his way here. Why?" I asked

"Well I wanted to know if he would let me take you out tomorrow. We can go to the mall. Shop til we drop. Movies and stuff." She said with a smile.

It all clicked. "Is this because of Prom?" I said looking around the room.

Tate, Tim, and Becks avoided the question, but luckily Mike could care less. "She wanted to do something so you can take your mind off the fact that you can't go." He said bluntly.

I'll admit, I was a little upset that I wouldn't be able to attend and I doubt Becks and the boys wouldnt be caught dead at a school function. Especially, Prom. So going as a plus one was a no go. And Becks said even if she were to go, should wouldn't be able to go with out me. I told them that I'd be fine and that is wasn't a big deal. I said it so much that I actually started to believe it. But deep down it did bother me.

The movies always made prom seem like this magical night, where everyone could put there differences aside and just be them. Let loose. Be normal. And when I started school, that was what I was looking forward to the most. Though I would never admit that.

"Dude." Tate said with an irritated voice.

"Guys, I told you I'm fine. Really? It's just another school dance. I didn't even go to any of the ones they had when I went to school. It's not a big deal. I promise. Besides, I have an amazing lecture with Milly tomorrow about shit I'll never actually use in life. Why would I pass that up?" I said sarcastically looking between all of them.

"Ok that sound a great, or you could give poor Mildred a break. And besides your telling me, you wouldn't want to spend a day outside the hospital? Just fun and us." Said Tim. And that offer was tempting. I've been hold up here for awhile. The only time I went outside is when Tate, Dad, Tyler, or Becks would take me out for a walk around the hospital. It was always nice and I needed to stretch my legs.

"It would be nice for a change of scenery." I said under my breath. I nodded my head. "Alright. Yeah, I'm down. Now, how exactly are you gonna convince my dad and Tyler? Not only am I skipping school, but I'll no longer be under Tyler watchful eye and he has been on my ass. " I said

"I got Tyler. Piece of cake." Tim said with a smile. Becks looked at him with a knowing smile. And Tim avoided her eyes. Now what are these two hiding?

"Me and Becks got your dad." Said Tate. My eyes shot to him.

"You sure? My dad is still a little tense around you. Maybe let Becks han-" he cut me off with a wave of his hand.

"Don't stress. We got this. Besides, I need to get on his good side some how. Can't do that if we keep avoiding each other." He said with a soft smile. My heart melted.

Don't get me wrong. I missed the way me and Tate bantered and teased each other. But god I was head over heels with him even more now. He was doing everything I asked and more. He hasn't rushed anything, and he's taking it at my pace. We still bicker here and there, but never to the point that it might cause an attack.

"Okay." I said

And as if on cue, my dad and Doc Tyler walked through the door.