Bucky

"Bird costume?"Song: We belong by Dive Cameron

"Bird costume?"
Song: We belong by Dive Cameron

Dad Sam and I Decided to go to the funeral for Peggy. While Sam and I found a seat upfront dad along with some of the other family members Peggy knew to carry her casket I could tell dad was sad and upset trying not to cry. As they walked down a childrens choir sang that would even make a baby cry that's how sad it was. "And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words" I sat in the middle of Sam and my dad as I rubbed his arm for comfort. Sharon walks up to the pedestal giving me eye contact. "Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of S.H.I.E.L.D... but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy."

Dad looks at me confused and j just shrug it off. "She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related. I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage... in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. She said, compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move... it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree... look them in the eye and say No, you move." She finished the eulogy and walked back to her seat as the service contiued on.

An hour later,
Mom walked over to dad and I. "When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out she was alive. I was just lucky to have her." Dad told us both. "She had you back, too. But in that process you also gained a beautiful girl" mom smiled at me as dad kisssed my temple. "Who else signed?" Mom sighed. "Tony, Rhodey, Vision." I rolled my eyes. "Clint?" "Says he's retired." That old fart. "Wanda?" I asked chiming in "TBD. I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet." Dad sighs. "Just because it's the path of least resistance... doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together." I can't believe I'm hearing this from my own mother.

"What are we giving up to do it?" Dad asks making a point. "I'm sorry, Nat. I can't sign it." Mom smiles. "Neither can I knowing he's out there somewhere" mom pulls me in for a hug and kisses my forehead. "I know." She smiles at us both. "Then what are you doing here?" Mom grabs mine and dads hands. "I didn't want you to be alone." She pulls us in for a hug. "This feels like goodbye and I hate it"

Steve POV

"My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting... but, um, not Aunt Peggy. She bought me my first thigh holster." I smiled. "Very practical." She smiled back. "And stylish." Sharon told me as the two of us walked over. "How do you and Natalia know each other?" I asked getting the bigger question out. "She and I met a few years ago" it seems to be a sore subject between them both. "CIA has you stationed over here now?" I asked changing the subject. "Berlin. Joint Terrorism Task Force." She smiled. "Right. Right. Sounds fun." I made small talk. "I know, right?" She laughed. "I've been meaning to ask you. When you were spying on me from across the hall..." I paused. "You mean when I was doing my job." It was like she knew what I was gonna ask. "Did Peggy know?"

"She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one from you." An elevation opens. "Thanks for walking me back." Sharon gives me a smile. "Sure." I hear a couple footsteps and heels clanking. "Steve. There's something you gotta see." Natalia looks upset and scared. "A b*mb hidden in a news van..." we watched a news report go off about a bombing in Vienna and my immediate thought was Natasha. "Who's coordinating? Ripped through the UN building in Vienna. Good. They're solid. Forensics?" Sharon was on the phone in the background as Josie she was practically freaking out. "More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect... who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes... the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent... linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations." The news pulled up a photo of Bucky.

"Oh my god" Josie muttered. "I have to go to work." Josie left the hotel room pretty quick. "Josie wait!" Sam ran after her with me right behind him. We finally made it outside and Josie started crying. "He didn't do this dad, someone has to be framing him" I held my daughter as she cried. "I know kid well find him" I feel josie push me away. "When?! Huh?! Cause we've tried that the two past years and nothing!" Josie ran off so I tried follow. "Don't let her cool off call Nat first" I nodded as we headed back to the hotel and changed.

End of pov

3 hours later
I couldn't handle my emotions all I felt was anger frustration and pain at my father that was until I got a call from mom and Tony to meet them at an address. "Mom!" I ran over and hugged her relieved she was alive. "Are you ok?" She asked me as if I want the one in that building. "I'm fine why?" She led me to a tv showing the new of a chase involving three men and some idiot in a cat suit. "What is this?" I asked confused. "Your murderer boyfriend your father and best friend all got arrested and are here now" we turned around and it was Tony. I turned and it was indeed dad and Sam. With Tony on the phone I folded my arms angrily. "What the hell did you two do? I said find him not get him arrested!" I hugged my dad relieved they aren't harmed but upset Bucky got arrested.

"No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." Mom turned to dad and Sam. "Try not to break anything while we fix this." I however looked at the screen showing Bucky in this box "Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences.

Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony hung up his phone.  "Consequences?" I gave dad a look. "Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." "I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" I shook my head. "Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Mom chimed in. "That's cold." Sam groaned. "Warmer than jail."

While dad went and sat in a. Office I'd decided to just have a moment to myself not hearing someone walk in. "Josie I'm sorry" I looked up to see my dad. "Is he at least ok?" Dad nodded. "He's worried about you that you won't remeber him" I groaned and walked away. "I need to talk to him" I walked off heading up to the secret area to he kept Bucky. "It's ok I have authorization" the officers nodded and all files out as I walked in turning off the camera. "Bucky?" He looked up surprised. "Josie what are you doing here?" I walked over to his cage and opened it cupping his face. "Making sure that asshole didn't hurt you" Bucky gives me a small smile. "You need to go I'll be fine I promise" I let out a sigh and nodded. Leaving and heading back.

I walk back to my dad and let out a sigh. "The receipt for your gear." She lays it in the table as Sam picks it up making a disgusted sigh. "Bird costume? Come on." I let out a snicker. "I didn't write it."