A year later

One year later

One year later

It's been another year without a trace of Bucky and im getting very concerned. But the team decided to go on a mission with just mom dad Sam and Wanda they didn't need me so I stayed home and trained. Then Rhodes came in and looked at me. "Call your father right now" yeah like that isn't concerning. So I called dad and nobody answer then I called mom yet no answer. "Nobody is picking up, wait sam" I call Sam and he thankfully answers. "Hey Josie what's up?" Sam asked. Yes he figured out my middle name did I let him call me that? Yes I did. "Sam what's going on? I'm worried my parents aren't picking up" Sam sighed. "Well we just landed and she needs you big time" oh no Wanda. I ran up and went to the dining area and saw my parents and A very distraught Wanda.

She sobbed in my arms as I look to my parents for answers. "Lagos was a bust kid we need to talk" I nodded as we brought Wanda to her room and met in dads office. "Ok what the hell is gong on?!" I asked. Mom massaged dads shoulders. "Rumlow was there and mentioned Bucky" i tensed up. "Why would he mention Bucky?" I asked absolutely upset. "He's the reason people died in Lagos" mom finished. They pulled up the news and I sighed. "It's not her fault she tried to save you. She was thinking of me" mom decided to leave the two of us. "You could get in big trouble hell Wanda could" before dad could answer. We heard another tv go off explaining the accident in Lagos.

"They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these. What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have... to operate in Nigeri...?" Dad turns off the tv as I sit down next to Wanda. "It's my fault. That's not true. Turn the TV back on. They're being very specific." I rub her shoulder. "I should've clocked that b*mb vest long before you had to deal with it. Rumlow said BUCKY... and all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again, in Brooklyn. And people died. It's on me." Dad sighed. "It's on both of us." Wanda added. "This job... We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that... then next time... maybe nobody gets saved." Suddenly vision walks through the door making me jump.

"Vis! We talked about this." I'm never gonna get used to him doing that it gets me every time. "Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that... Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr Stark was arriving." Vision informed us. "Thank you. We'll be right down." Dad told him. "I'm guessing the whole team is involved" vision nodded. "I'll use the door. Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest." Yeah that's never shocking Tony always does this. "We know who it is?" Dad asked. "The Secretary of State." Vision replied.

"Five years ago... I had a heart attack... and dropped right in the middle of my backswing. Turned out it was the best round of my life... because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me. Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us... protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes... there are some... who would prefer the word?"