"They're bad. W-we have to get you out of here. Are there more people after you?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"I don't know, sweetheart." He said nervously then grabbed his phone, dialing a number and putting it to his ear.

"Hey. No, we're both alive..well..kinda. Okay. Perfect. See you there." Colby said then hung up the phone.

"Sam is pulling around the back of the house. Are you able to walk?" Colby asked and gestured to my leg.

It was bent out of shape and was swelling so bad that my white boot was puffed out slightly.

"Slowly." I said as he shook his head and picked me up. "Stop! You're hurt!" I gasped as he walked out of the room.

I was shocked by how calm he was after the events that just transpired.

I didn't know if he was doing it for my sake or if he truly just didn't have emotions.

"Shhh. We have to be quiet." He whispered and focused on walking.

He truly seemed to be doing fine even though there were two bullets currently wedged into his skin.

I stayed silent as he carefully snuck through the hallways and towards the back door.

When we got outside we saw not only Sam's car but Jake's car and Corey's car.

All three of them were standing in front of Sam's car. They all had scars and bruises and blood on them which meant they fought for Colby, too.

"Shit." Sam said as he opened the back door of his car, revealing Katrina sitting in the back.

I assume they got all of the girls out of the party since all of this happened.

"I'm gonna set you down." Colby said as I nodded. When he set me down, I cried out in pain from my leg.

"I'm sorry." Colby whispered then kissed my head.

"It's okay." I said then turned towards Sam. "He's really hurt. You have to help him even though he's downplaying it." I said with tears in my eyes.

"We'll get you both taken care of. We have to go now though." He said then looked at the house nervously.

I nodded then got in the backseat with Kat as Colby got in the front seat.

The drive to the office was quiet. Sam and Colby quietly discussed things but I was shutting down from the eventful night.

I wanted to go back in time. I wanted to be sat in Colby's lap, smoking a blunt.

I wanted to be carelessly dancing with him on the dance floor.

I wanted to be taking shots with the girls and having a good night.

All of that was taken away though.

When we got to the office Colby looked back at Kat and I with an uneasy expression.

"Stay here." He said then got out of the car, holding his side.

"What?!" I asked angrily as I swung my door open.

"Don't do this right now, Jules. Please." Colby whispered with intensity. "I-is it no longer safe here?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"I don't know, just please stay here." He begged then kissed me gently. There was an uneasiness to him right now which was out of the ordinary.

I nodded and watched as he and Sam went towards the elevator.

"What happened tonight?" Kat whispered with fear in her voice.

"Someone was trying to kill Colby." I said which set something off in my brain.

I think I was in shock before.

I was in full protection mode, needing to do anything and everything to make sure Colby didn't die.

I just realized now that he could have actually been taken from me.

Before I knew it was hyperventilating, scratching at my throat as Kat's eyes widened.

"It's okay, Jules. Everything is okay now." Kat cooed, trying to calm me down. It was a sweet attempt but I knew I was too far gone.

I was mentally breaking the fuck down.

"What's going on?" Colby asked as he and Sam came back to the car.

"She's freaking out." Kat said with a frown as Colby pulled me into his arms.

"I-I c-can't breathe." I gasped as he scratched my back gently.

"You're going into hysteria. You're gonna be okay." He said as Sam helped Katrina get out of the car.

"W-Why did they do that to you?" I asked and looked up at him, feeling my whole body tremble.

"I'll explain it another time, we need to get downstairs so we can fix your leg." He said and carefully pulled me out of the car, careful to not hit my leg on anything.

I sniffled and nodded, hiding my face in his neck.

I didn't want to see anyone else. I didn't want to talk to anyone else. I would be fragile for a while, since I now knew that even Colby wasn't sure we were safe anymore.

If I hadn't found him when I did, he'd be dead right now.

When we got downstairs Colby brought me to one of the infirmary rooms and carefully sat me on the bed.

"Nate's gonna check out your leg while I get these taken care of." Colby explained as my heart raced.

"Y-you're leaving me?" I asked, internally smacking myself at how pathetic I sounded.

"Only for a little while. These bullet wounds have been open for too long as it is." Colby explained.

"Please don't die." I whispered and brought my hand to his cheek. "I'm not going anywhere, baby. Thanks to you." He said then cupped my cheek, leaning down and kissing me.

I closed my eyes, letting him kiss me for just a moment.

It was such an affectionate moment after such a long and scary night.

"As soon as I'm done, I'll be right here with you. I promise." He said as he pulled away.

"Nate will take good care of you." He said then looked up at Nate and raised his brows. "If he doesn't then it'll be the last thing he does." Colby said with venom in his voice.

"You don't have to worry about a thing, man. I'll take good care of her." Nate said with a smile and nodded.

"You better." He said then left the room. It felt weird that he was being aggressive towards Nate.

He was always kind and treated me and the girls with respect.

It made me wonder what actually happened tonight.