Chapter 1: Hi im y/n

(Btw im not following the stranger things story line. (Also this is set in 1986)

Early Monday morning. Your alarm wakes you up. "For fucks sake" you whisper to yourself burying your head into your pillow. Starting to regret moving to Hawkins. Your bedroom door swings open. "Morning, you awake yet?" Your mums bursts into your room.
"Yep, just about, but I'm so tired can I just not go to school" you say jokingly.
"You will be fine hunny, I have a job interview today so I won't be home till late I also have to do some jobs after it."
You nod and smile "I'll be fine mom, don't worry"
She smiles and walks out of your room.
You sigh and get up out of bed, stretching and yawning.
Picking out an outfit, you throw it on and check yourself out in the mirror. "This will do" you smile to yourself. You get on your shoes and fix your bed hair. You put on a little bit off makeup to make an effort. Your mum has already left the house as you hear the door open and then shut. You grab your bag and sigh again leaving the door locking it behind you.
The school bus stops at the bus stop and you get on sitting by yourself.
——arriving at school———
You get off the school bus and look around at all the people walking around the school site. You sigh again regretting moving. It's a huge change. Your scared. Nervous. Your heart is racing so fast right now. You walk towards the main doors to the school and you instantly see a group of girls giving you a dirty look. You give them a bitch face back. You can hear them giggling. "Oh fuck off" you say giving them the finger and walking inside the building.
This school is like any average high school. Normal but I'm sure that will change. "Hey" a girl with ginger hair walks up next to you.
"Hi?"
"I'm max, max mayfield. Your new aren't you?"
"Uh...yeah I am, I'm y/n" you say looking down by your locker.
"Well I think I'm showing you around after the bell goes, so I'll see you then" the girl walks away smiling.
You feel a little reassured after she speaks to you. The first bell goes, it makes you jump but you walk over to max.
"Bye Dustin...oh hi y/n ready to see this crappy school" she laughs.
"Tell me about it" you laugh back.
"So this is the main hallway..." max walks off showing you different things around the school. You keep zoning out. Everyone's in class so it's quiet.
Max finishes her tour and takes you to the second class of the day.
"We are in pretty much in all the same classes" she smiles.
"That's good, someone I know" you smile back. Max walks you to science class and already people are shouting and messing about.
"Mr Munson sit down, now for the third time" the teacher raises his voice.
A boy with insane black curly hair looks at you and sits down and then looks away.
"Thank you" the teacher says in an irritated voice. As you go to sit at an empty desk the teacher stops you.
"New girl, come to the front" he says smiling. You rolls your eyes walking back to the front of the class. You give him a sarcastic smile.
"So what's your name" he asks whilst everyone sits down and watches you.
"Uhm.. y/n L/n" you say shyly. You see out of the corner of your eye this guy with blonde hair smiling at you.
"Well nice to have you in our class y/n, I'm Mr Rolland, now take a seat" he smiles pointing to an empty chair and desk. You smile at him and walk over to your seat and sit down.
"Im Eddie" A voice whispers next to you. You look at him and he has the most craziest hair ever. But he kind of rocks it.
"Hey" you say back as he smiles at you.
———class ends——————
As you walk out of lesson the Afro dude follows you into the hall.
"Wait up" he calls your name.
"What, Eddie I need to go to the restroom" you say kind of annoyed walking off"
"I just wanted to ask..."
You cut him off and walk into the girls restroom closing the door behind you. You let out a big sigh and fix your hair in the mirror. You wait a minute before walking out. Your in the clear, Eddie is gone so you walk to your next class.

———fast forward to lunch——————-
You walk into the cafeteria and grab your tray of food and takes it to max who is sat on her own.
"I have no one to sit with, do you mind.."
"Yeah course" she smiles. You smile and sit next to her putting your tray down.
"HEY" a voice calls.
You know who it is.
"Ignore him y/n he is probably stoned" she laughs.
"What freak" you shout back.
"Feisty girl" he laughs as he gets up on his lunch table walking over to you.
You roll your eyes at him.
"So I wanted to ask you earlier..."
"Freak, back the fuck up" a blonde buy comes from behind, the one from earlier. The two children continue to argue. You and max laugh as it happens and then walk away to a different area of the school.
"Jason, the blonde guy, is a prick" max laughs.
"So is Eddie if I'm honest" you laugh.
"Eddie isn't as bad but he is a huge nerd, he is in a club with my friend Dustin"
"Club?"
"It's a D&D club, it's a game, Dungeons and dragons"
"I have heard of it, I haven't played it but sounds nerdy" you both giggle.
The bell goes and you both get ready to go home. You go back to your locker and get your stuff. "What a day" you whisper to yourself. You walk out of the main doors.
"Hey" Eddie calls.
You roll your eyes.
"Yes, freak!"
Eddie laughs. "Your funny, but I wanted to ask if you wanted to maybe..hang out" he gets shy and it's weird to see him shy. You can't help but let out a giggle.
"What?" He looks confused.
"Just weird look at you not being annoying" you joke. Eddie looks at you confused. "So...?" He asks again.
"Let me think munson"
He stops in front of you waiting for an answer just staring into your eyes.
"Now?"
Eddie nods looking proud of himself.
"Okay...fine, you really know how to get a girl, huh?" You giggle.
He laughs along with you and shows you to his van. "Actually I don't really get any" he looks disappointed.
"Where are we going?" You ask.
"Not sure" Eddie puts his hair in front of his mouth.

"Mine? My mum is out for a while" you put your bag on your shoulders properly

"Sure, only if your comfortable" he smiles.
You get in eddies car and you both back out of the parking lot.