XXII

♥Slight Language♥

I've now been working for Axel for almost three months. And everything has been like HELL. I tried to avoid him but he always find his way to be in the same elevator as me.

He wouldn't say anything— just stared at me as if I was the one who needed to say something first.

I was now in front of Axel's door. A quick nervousness surrounded me. I knew what I was doing was right, I just hoped it didn't backfire. I knocked on the door three times.

"Come in" I opened the door to see Cassie sitting on Axel's lap while he was doing his work. Cassie's eyes widened and she smiles.

"Oh Hi, Y/N" She gets off of Axel's lap and walks over to me, and hugs me tightly. I glance over at Axel who was glaring at me.

Once Cassie breaks the hug her smile becomes more defined as if it was genuine. "You can do this" She mouthed. I just stared at her before looking back at Axel. She turns to Axel with her arms crossed.

"Axel. I'm quitting" He smiled. He didn't care if I'd quit and I knew it. I was simply another employee he could replace.

I walk toward his desk and handed him my two-week notice.

"And we're getting a divorce" Axel's face went pale. He stands up— causing his keyboard to fall to the ground.

"No, you can't do that!" He yells. Cassie looks at him and walks toward him. "Yes, I can" She places the papers down in front of the desk and slides them towards him.

He lets out a confused laugh. "I want your stuff out of my home by tonight" Cassie laughs.

"You don't have to worry about that. I already moved out last night. The only thing you should worry about is how you're going to tell my father what happened" She faked pouts before laughing.

Cassie's phone rings and she smiles. "I want those papers sighed by tonight and if not." She shrugs her shoulders— leaving us on edge of what would happen if Axel didn't sign the papers.

Cassie walks out of the room— her side-eyeing me and smiling before closing the door.

"Y/N-" I start to walk out of his office also. He kept calling my name and even went into the same elevator as me.

"I'm quitting and that's that. I don't want to talk to you anymore" Axel shakes his head.

"No Y/N, I love you. You know I always loved you right?" He says grabbing my hand.

The spark that phrase used to have on me was forever gone. And I'd be a damn fool if I were to give this man another chance.

I rolled my eyes before snatching my hand away from his. "Um no" The elevator door opens and I walk out.

"I know you'll come back to me...You always end up doing it"

I scoffed before bumping into something hard.

"You need to look up more often Y/N" The soft, deep, relaxing voice danced in my ears. I looked up to see Damon.

The biggest smile formed on my face.

"You ready to go?" He asks. I nodded my head. He grabs my hand and we start to walk away.

"That's the reason why my dad left your mother in the first place" We both stopped walking and turned around to look at Axel.

"I'm sorry?" Damon says tittering.

My eyes slowly widened, as the sentence finally made sense.

"Damon...Is Axel your half-brother?!"

Oh.

Tiktok: Swywattpad101