XIII

The doorbell rang, and my body instantly jerked. Walking towards the door I felt myself getting anxious. But why? Isn't Damon just a friend to me?  Once I opened the door both of our eyes expanded.

Damon looked and smelled amazing.

"You look beautiful" His eyes roamed every part of my body making me feel warm everywhere

"You look beautiful" His eyes roamed every part of my body making me feel warm everywhere. Even though my outfit was something simple, Damon couldn't keep his eyes off it.

"Thank you"

"Are you ready to go?" Damon asked taking a step back and extending his hand. I grinned before grabbing his hand.

"Maddie Ill see you later" I didn't even look back to check if Maddie was at the door, but hearing the door clothes reassured me she was close by.

Damon opens the car door for me. "Thanks"

The drive was primarily silent, there was nothing to talk about. I looked outside as the rising sun came with a sky of fire that lit up the entire cloud with different shades of colors. Something about watching the sunset is incredible.

"Sunset or sunrise?" I looked at Damon who glanced at me before looking back at the road.

"I like both, but seeing the sunset just eases my emotions you know?" I say smiling, Damon glances at me and nods his head.

"So I'll make sure to take you on a date outside next time so we can watch the sunset then" I smirked.

"Already planning a second date? What if things go wrong?"Damon chuckles.

"Well don't Jinx it Y/N" We both laugh.

~

The room was small and private— something I enjoyed so I could only focus on Damon instead of hearing side conversations

We were now in the room: Eating, talking, and taking photos of every new dish that was set in front of us.

"Actually I do remember that," I say laughing so loud it made Damon laugh.

It was nice to remanence our memories— seeing how childish, outgoing and bold we were during our high school and college days.

"Do you remember when-" My eyes shift away from Damon's when I see a familiar person slowly walking past the door.

This is the fourth time I've seen this person. Perhaps they're looking for someone? Maybe their room? But if so why do they keep specifically slowing down at our door?

"Y/N?" I looked back at Damon who looked confused. I decided to shake this off, I don't want to assume the worse.

"Can you repeat what you just said, I thought I saw someone" I say picking up the wine glass and sipping on the not-so-sweet wine.

"I was saying how-" My eyes cut again and I nearly choked on my drink once I see the person stop right at the door. Maybe telling the Waiter to leave the door open until he comes back was a bad idea.

But why the hell was Axel standing right there? How did he know we were here?

"Damon," I say in a low tone, Damon stops talking and hums.

"Axel..he's standing right behind you"

Lol