C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y - F I V E

Start from the beginning

"Well, that settles it. It is already given that I am not playing with the upcoming game against Hufflepuff. We also know I might not go back into Quidditch again and so I welcome Ravens if she really wants this," He said as he gave me a reassuring look.

Of all of the people who don't know me, he's just among a few who does not judge me and still show kindness despite my lack of enthusiasm in returning it.

Although I do try to be at least less mean looking around people like him, having a natural serious bitch face is not exactly something that I can change easily or control.

"So, no argument in the proposal?" Wood asked as everybody gave her a nod.

"Alright, I'll let the two of you prepare for ten minutes before starting." Wood added.

James and I were on the other side while the twins are on the opposite of us. The others just kept in between the space we created while talking about the tryout.

I'm not nervous, rather, the exhilarating rush made my whole body tense wanting to compete against a formidable opponent to test how far my skills can go.

Besides, who am I to lose?

I have been fucking playing against my brother since we were kids and he isn't the most gentle at teaching me some pointers as we grow older. Let's just say it took a ton of patience for me not to beat his ass for being an asshole.

"You sure about this, love? You could always prove yourself differently." James reminded me as he helped me get on my broom.

"And miss the chance to sweep off a Prewett's ass? Blimey, this is my luck, Jamesy." I replied with a smirk that made him smile widely at me.

"Well, Goodluck to him. You sure are in your own game right now." He said.

I gave James one last reassuring smile before heading off to our starting point. I saw Fabian do the same as we both eyed each other for a few seconds before looking straight ahead.

Somehow, I saw something deep within his gaze. I do not know what is it but it was recognizable yet not that known to me.

Whatever it is, it was covered up with his rage towards me.

"You both ready? Here comes the snitch!" Wood said and finally let the snitch go as it immediately soared up into the sky.

"Go!" She signaled us as we did not waste any moment of it, blasting through both sides, firm on getting our hands on the snitch for our own goals.

As we move forward, I already perform a couple of tricks that will help me twist around as the snitch changes its direction a couple of times in a mere minute. I could tell how hard it is to even just take your eyes on it all the time, what else if you have to be on its tail all throughout the game?

It's a good thing that my eyes are trained for this, matched up with my skill and speed, this should be a lot easier than most first-timers in actually catching a snitch.

But, I'd be damned not to say that Fabian is doing a fucking amazing job that it kinda boiled the competitiveness inside me. He surely won't let this be as easy as it seems for me.

After a while of flips and tricks, both of us darted ahead in a straight line, side by side, determined not to let the snitched get away.

"Still catching up, I see." Fabian sneered at my direction while still keeping his pace and balance.

How the hell is he even this calm? I mean, don't get me wrong. I know that this is a natural thing as an amazing Quidditch player but he isn't exactly just playing.