Chapter 6 | An Object

Start from the beginning

They nod. “Of course,” Lorenzo chuckles. “We met her last night wh—"

My father cuts him off as he turns to me with an angered look, “Nyx! You were supposed to be at home, not—”

“Dad, it isn’t what you are thinking of,” I in turn cut him off. He narrows his eyes at me. “I was walking home from that date. I told you about that Garret guy... Anyway, I crossed paths with them, and they drove me back home,” I explain shortly.

“What were you thinking?” He scolds.

“Dad, they didn’t—”

“They could’ve killed you,” he interrupts me. “You don’t go doing stupid things like that!” This honestly sounds like a lecture I’d get if I were to bring a bad boy home to meet my parents.

“You know we are right here. If you—”

My father points an acussing finger at Riccardo and seethes, “I don’t want to hear a thing you have to say. This is about my daughter, so shut up.”

Did my father just tell Riccardo Ricci to shut up?

“Dad—” He raises his hand, and I shut my mouth, knowing I have overstepped.

He lowers his hand. “Nyx, you made a very stupid choice last night.”

I sigh and try to speak, “but father—”

He raises his hand once more, silently telling me to keep quiet and listen. “I see letting you live alone was a bad idea.”

Taking a step away, I realise where this is going. I shake my head, not able to keep my mouth shut anymore. “Wait a minute. Dad, you can’t—”

“I am your father, you cannot tell me what I can and cannot do!” He raises his voice, and I shrug back.

My father barely ever raised his voice at me while growing, but when he did, I always seemed to shrug back due to the sudden volume change. I’m not used to it. I never want to grow used to it.

“You are coming back home with me,” he states with finality.

I shake my head profusely “No way!” I scream, seemingly forgetting that I’m speaking to my father for a short second.

He stands from his chair. “Don't raise your voice at me!” He commands.

“I’m sorry,” I softly apologise as I lower my head in shame.

“My choice is for your benefit,” he reasons, and I almost scoff, but hold it back because I respect my father.

I don’t believe we are going to argue about this in front of them. “I’m not going back,” I say as calmly as I can while folding my arms. “They hate me," I state, referring to my wicked adoptive mother and sister who are probably still lounging in my father’s house despite the divorce.

“Who is this they you speak of?” Lorenzo asks, curiosity dripping from his low tone.

My father turns his gaze to him, and his lip twitches to left a little, a sign that he's past the point of just anger. “It’s none of your business,” he grits. ”Now, get out!” He demands while pointing to the door.

They smirk at each other before Riccardo and Lorenzo get up. “You should watch how you speak to us,” Riccardo chuckles while shaking his head.

Lorenzo reaches underneath his suit jacket, and my eyes widen when I realise what he's doing. I quickly jump in front of my father and throw my arms up to cover my dad as best as I can. Lorenzo’s brows furrow, and I stand my ground in front of my father.

“What a brave woman,” Vincenzo finally says something. He slowly stands from his chair and lightly smirks at me.

He pushes his brother's hand away from his side before he looks at my father and I with a cold look. “If it wasn’t for your daughter, you would’ve been dead for talking to my frattello like that,” he states.

[brothers]

I slowly lower my arms, and he sends a smile my way. “How about a deal, Manson?” I arch a questioning brow. “Give me your daughter, and I’ll forget this ever happened,” he bargains.

“Excuse me?” I retort while folding my arms. “You can’t just expect my father to hand me over like I'm some object.”

My father pulls me into his chest, trying to get me as far away from Vincenzo as he can in this moment. “She’s right,” he mutters.

“You will give my older brother what he wants, or we will burn everything you’ve worked for to the ground,” Lorenzo threatens.

“I don’t care,” my father replies instantly, but I know he cares. He worked hard to have the company where it is now, and I can’t let these men burn it down. “Do whatever you please. She’s not a thing to be traded.”

“I never said she was a thing. I would never see her as an object,” Vincenzo points out. “But that does not change the fact that I want her.”

My father goes to argue, but I shake my head. “Wait,” I grab everyone’s attention. “If I agree to come with you, you will leave my father alone, right?” I ask, and they nod.

I harshly bite my bottom lip as I think my next words through. “So where are we going?” I ask in a defeated tone.

Vincenzo grins victoriously.

My father’s hold on my shoulders tightens, and I sigh, feeling his worry running through my veins. “Cinnamon bun, you can’t go with them,” he says while pulling me back into his chest. “He might kill you.”

Vincenzo smirks. “She’s too beautiful to die at my hands,” Vincenzo muses, his eyes focused on me.

_____________________________________________

hm, let the havoc begin.

· · · · ·

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!
XOXO.

_____________________________________________