Chapter 1 | Alleyway

NYX MANSON

NES! HEY! WAIT!” My lousy date shouts at his loudest as if we aren’t in a restaurant full of diners trying to enjoy their dinner in peace.

Customers and employees cast a mixture of curious and annoyed glances our way, silently watching me rush away from my dinner table with my date hastily tailing me.

I feel like crawling into the deepest, darkest depths of the ground, far away from their preying eyes and even further away from the man behind me.

“Nes! Please!” He hollers as I’m deaf, completely mispronouncing my name in the process.

Hastening my already fast steps, I almost knocked a lanky waiter off his feet, but he caught himself and the platter of food in his hand before I could cause a bigger scene.

I look over my shoulder to see my date a healthy distance behind me. I suck in a breath of fleeting relief and move forth after apologising to the waiter who sends me a sympathetic smile once he sees my date coming.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is officially my third failed date. This is where I call it quits. I’m done trying to find the man for me. If my soulmate wants me, then he can track me down and show me some love.

But for now, I’m not chasing anyone.

I burst out of the restaurant, ready to break out in a full sprint. “Nes!” He shouts again, my beautiful name suffering on his tongue. I halt my rushed steps and turned to face him with a sharp glare directed his way.

He looks me over, his breathing a tad heavy from having to chase after me. “What do you want, Garret?” I spit with just enough venom to make his cool guy façade dip.

He’s somewhat tall, and I’ve never been into copper heads, but he makes it look good. Though he’s attractive, it won’t make me go back into the restaurant with him.

“Oh come on, don’t be like this,” he whispers, playing the cool guy again while stepping closer to me.

This moron just asked me to crawl underneath the table and give him a blowjob.

Who does that?

On the first date, no less.

“I really need to get home,” I scoff.

I’d rather go to bed with the thought of not getting a second date out of him than getting down on my knees to give a man I barely know a blowjob in a full restaurant.

He grabs my forearm and yanks me back, leading my body back, which ultimately  causes my ass to press against his crotch. He’s aroused, and I don’t like it one bit.

“Let go of me,” I grit while smacking his hand.

He keeps his filthy hand wrapped around my forearm and leans closer to the side of my head. His hot breath fans against my ear, and I shrug away from him. “You’re being such a brat,” he tries to sound seductive but fails miserably.

If he thinks trying to be some big baddie is going to make me do what he wants, he’s surely mistaken. “I should punish you, kitten,” he whispers.