Surrounded

"Asari, what is it?" The concerned look on Samya's face told her that she really needed to work on guarding her features when Duran spoke to her.

She glanced around the room wondering if there was a way to protect everyone inside the building but to no avail. Even if there was a way to secure the doors, the room was made of glass. If Sans wanted a fight, he picked a good place and time to win.

Asari looked her Mama in the eyes and spoke loud enough for them all to hear, "Another wolf pack is here. If we don't start moving now, we are all dead. I cannot protect you, I'm still hurt from my last run in with them."

Liviana came up to her, pulling the bandage from around the arm that kept reopening, "I can try to see if I can heal this and a few others, but I'm not going to be much help afterwards. Healing takes a lot out of me."

The thought of the pain magically fading away was indeed intriguing. But, she wasn't going to put that kind of pressure and strain on her dear sister. She would stand and fight, even if her body would end up killing itself first out of exhaustion. Asari shook her head no and thanked Liviana for offering, but this was going to have to happen a different way if she wanted to try and save them all.

"Has he spoken to you yet about what he wants?"

"No. I just know what my wolves outside are saying. Ice Ridge is surrounding the place."

Asari mentally cursed. How was she going to get them out of this mess?

"Alright. Leave these people in here and lead me outside. I'm going to try and let as many people and pups inside but it's a small building, Duran. If we have to fight today, many are going to be lost."

His lack of a reply was all the response she needed. She knew he was just as scared as she was, she wished she could hide it as well as he could. They walked side by side out to the front of the greenhouse, then out into the freezing temperatures. It felt colder than it did when they first entered the building but the setting Sun was likely the reasoning behind that. Asari fiddled with the new bandage Liviana had wrapped her in, her nervousness causing her to pick at everything she could get her hands on.

Duran stopped just a foot ahead of her between two trees, about a hundred yards from the front door. She spoke through the link for one of the wolves to start moving children and women inside along with some of the younger pups that survived the last battle. Hopefully he would make quick work of it as she could spot many of the enemy pack moving in around the group.

The stark white wolf came to stand another fifty feet in front of them, his teeth barred and his fur prickled. His snake voice wormed it's way into her head, "So good to see you again, Asari. Glad my wolves weren't able to finish the job. It would have been such a waste."

"Enough of the chit chat, Sans. Why are you here?"

Asari liked Durans 'no bullshit' way of speaking. Though it wasn't exactly the approach she would've chosen given her condition, she still cheered him on silently at his side. Sans relaxed his posture and sat, feigning interest in a dirt spot on his paw. Durans coat began to roughen up as his hackles raised, his growing anger at the situation apparent.

"Oh, me? Didn't you hear? These are my lands now." Sans sickly voice rang, "You are the one trespassing here."

Wolves began fighting left and right, front and back. The many coat colors mixed as teeth met flesh and claws left gouges in the ground. Asari felt too exposed, she had misplaced her bow and was still injured. There was no way she was going to be able to survive a fight if one found her. Duran and Sans circled each other as she watched between the trees. Each of their moves precise and calculated. The silence before the clash was deafening.

"Auril will be pleased with our work done here today."

Auril? Asari mulled over the name Sans had mentioned, but nothing came up. Suddenly a wolf tackled her from the left, it's sharp claws digging into her already hurt forearm. The needle-like talons dug deeper ripping their way through her flesh and muscle as his mouth snapped at her throat, her hand on his the only thing keeping him from succeeding with her death.

Finally, Asari was able to regain some strength and push the wolf off of her, his claws dragging down her arm as he flew against the tree. He yelped but tried to stand back up in spite of the pain. Asari stood, her feet too far spread and her left arm useless. Her right hand tried to hold the wound shut but not much she could do to such a deep wound. The wolf charged at her again but before it could do any more damage Asari readied herself and roundhouse kicked him in the head. The wolf wobbled and hit the ground, unmoving.

Asari took a deep breathe and tried to control her panic. Her arm began to numb and her legs felt too heavy to move. Images of the scared women and children in the greenhouse kept her going, moving, and breathing as she limped back to the building. The elves and wolves that couldn't fit inside were outside surrounding the place, fighting side by side against the Ice Ridge wolves. A clear spot was sure to be opened up where she could run in quickly and hopefully figure out a way to escape... Asari looked around and- There!

Asari took her chance and leapt into the spray, weaving in and out of the fights as fast as her crippled body could.