"Tomorrow at three o'clock in the afternoon, Her Royal Highness the Princess will exchange rings with the Crown Prince of Higashi under the watchful eyes of the priestess, the Second Prince, Ying Jie and the people that are attending this event," Leizi explained, "After all of that is done, they will sign the marriage contract. "

"Isn't the exchangement of rings done at a wedding?" Ch'en asked, curious at the way the event was being held. To her memory, this was not a wedding and more of a congratulation type of event.

"The wedding will be held in Higashi. There, the emperor will give his blessing," Leizi answered, "Here, they are just going to exchange rings and sign a marriage contract. After all, Ying Li is married to the prince of Higashi, so the wedding can't possibly be held in Yan. This event is just a way to send her off in a glorious manner. She is, after all, the only princess of Yan. Since the engagement ceremony is not a formal wedding, the current emperor didn't show up, not even the eldest prince. Only the second prince is here," Leizi continued, "Both of them will say their vows under the statue of the first emperor, which symbolises the supremacy of the imperial power of Yan."

Hearing this, Ch'en's hand tightened into a ball, and her body bristled. Although this was an important day for Li, both her father and eldest brother did not bother to come to this event. Ch'en knew that the only reason that the second prince was here, was that he was the one that planned this event, to begin with. Ch'en was sure that if that was not the case, he would not come either. Truly, the royal family did not care in the slightest about Ying Li.

No... That was not true. There was someone who cared. The problem was he was dead. Presumably at least. However, Ch'en was sure that she knew that was not true. She just needed enough evidence to show that Ye was Zhen. It was sad she was too late. Maybe if Ch'en was fast enough, Zhen would come in and save Li from all of this.

Yes. She said saved.

Ch'en knew Li was being forced to be married off. It was clear as day for her. From her memories, Li was not someone that was interested in getting married at all, especially if she was going to marry someone of royal standing.

Ch'en knew Li hated that.

"The princess, where is she?" Ch'en asked Leizi, "Can I see her?"

Leizi hummed at this. Normally, she would refuse this type of request. Based on what she gathered, the princess was sick and needed her alone time. So she should refuse Ch'en's request on the spot. However, this woman was a special case.

Ch'en was a niece of Wei Yenwu, the brother of the emperor, making her related to the princess in a way. She was also a good friend of the princess, Added to the fact that she was on good terms with the prince, Zhen - or was it Ye - Leizi considered this.

"I can not promise you anything," Leizi glanced at Ch'en and said, "I can only tell her you want to meet with her. That's the best I can offer."

"Thank you," Ch'en nodded gratefully, "I am sorry for bothering you with all of my requests."

"As I said, think nothing of it," Leizi said, "I am just doing what is best for the princess."

".. I see," Ch'en nodded as she smiled at her, "She is lucky to have you."

Leizi did not comment on what she said as they continued to walk in the airport.

As they were making their way, a sudden glint of light hit Leizi's eyes. She looked at where it came from and saw it from a sword's scabbard hanging on Ch'en's waist.

Ch'en noticed her gaze on Chi Xiao, "What's wrong?"

"Is that Chi Xiao?" Leizi asked.

Ch'en nodded, "Yeah, what's wrong?"