Focused on you

Later that night

Y/n PoV

My eyes shoot open as I gasp for breath, my hands gripping all over the duvet as I search for him.

Suddenly Jungkook pulls me close, cradling me almost. "Y/n it's okay—."

"No please don't go with them!"

"Y/n it's just a nightmare you're alright."

My hands touch his chest and I feel myself slowly coming back to reality. I wait for my breathing to calm before looking into Jungkooks eyes.

"Kooks." I sigh, my head falling to rest against his shoulder.

"Was it bad?" He refers to my nightmare. I nod. "What was it about?"

"You agreed...to go with your parents in order to protect me. I kept calling for you to come back but you wouldn't listen."

Jungkook PoV

Unbelievable. Even in the grave my parents are still finding ways to taunt us.

I promised myself I would protect Y/n from anything related to my past. But these nightmares have been occurring ever since that night in the hospital and I don't know how to stop them. Sometimes she's woken up screaming, tears streaming down her cheeks before she even realised she was crying.

"I've got you now" I lay back with her and stroke her hair gently. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Can you say that again?" She asks, and I understand why. Reassurance is comforting when you've experienced a nightmare.

"I'm not going anywhere Y/n. Not unless the destination involves you."

With her arm around my waist, she pulls me closer, face cutely smushes against my bare chest.

Sometimes I question how I'll ever escape my past. How I'll protect Y/n from it.

Do we move away from the city? A place where our history was formed, but also our worst memories. Taking her away from her friends would be a lot to ask. But we're to be married soon. We have a child together. It's time for us  to focus on the life we're gonna build on our own without my past getting in the way.

"Try sleep Y/n." I say, but she just shakes her head before nuzzling closer to me. "I don't wanna dream about that again, it was horrible."

"How about I stay awake for now, and if I notice you're having another nightmare I'll wake you and hold you exactly like this again."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"...okay."

Next Morning

Jungkook PoV

I look at her through the reflection of the mirror. She's sprawled out on the bed, asleep.

She suffered three more nightmares last night, each one worse than before. At one point the hotel staff actually came up to check things were okay when they heard the screams.