•7•

Troye was nervous. He had been all day. This was important- not only would this be his first date with Connor, it would be his first (proper) date in general.He had found it hard to focus all day, even though he was at risk of getting at least one detention. Currently, he was sitting at the front of his house: scared, nervous, and excited.

Connor, on the other hand, was a wreck. He was 5 minutes late, had a wardrobe malfunction (his mum hadn't washed his green hoodie) and was all around nervous. For some reason, everyone who didn't know otherwise assumed he was straight, so this was currently his only chance to have a relationship. He was really lucky Troye had showed up.

As soon as the car pulled up, Troye ran up to it it and got in.

"Hey Connie Frannie." He grinned, excited for the evening.

"Hi Troye Boy." Connor answered as he glanced at Troye out of the corner of his eye.

"We better be getting food Connor, I am literally starving." Troye threatened.

"Maybe."

"Connor!" Troye dragged out the name, "Tell me, please."

"No.""'Cause it's a surprise, baby." Connor joked. The pet name made Troye's tummy tingle. He sighed and softly sung along to the radio until Connor pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant.

The two boys got out of the car and Troye looked at Connor with a raised eyebrow.

"C'mon." The older boy said and pulled Troye after him into the restaurant.

The interior seemed fancy, but not overly so. The carpet was red and patterned, and the walls were blue. There was a podium at the entrance which Connor walked up to. Only a few seconds later, a waiter appeared on the other side.

"How may I help you?" He asked. Troye resisted the temptation to say 'Food'.

"Reservation for Franta." Connor smiled.

"Table for two?"

"Yes."

"Okay, follow me." The waiter picked up two menus while talking. Connor and Troye followed him to a table with a white table cloth and a small, lit tealight. Connor ordered their drinks and the waiter left.

"You're okay with Coke, right?" Connor asked as he pulled the chair out for Troye.

"Yeah. How did you get a reservation at such short notice?"

"I know the owner. He's a family friend." Connor replied as he sat in the seat opposite Troye.

"Okay." The conversation ran short as they picked up their menus. The waiter came with their drinks shortly.

"Are you ready to order?" He asked, and Connor nodded.

"I'll have the Spaghetti Bolognese please." He said.

"Uhm, Mushroom Ravioli please." Troye ordered. The waiter nodded and walked away.

"So, how are you?" Troye asked to break the silence.

"Good. How are you?" Connor replied.

"Fine, I'm fine." Troye sipped at his coke.

They didn't talk much while they waited for their food to come, but found it hard to shut up in between each bite of their food.They talked about pretty much everything under the sun, including their favourite colours, animals and their families. To say the least, they quickly got over their first-date awkwardness.

"Oh God, I'm stuffed." Troye groan after he finished his ravioli.

"Oh my God, yes. I'll get the cheque." Connor agreed and called the waiter over. 5 minutes later, the two teenagers left the restaurant. One of them was shivering; Connor was laughing at him.

"Where are we going Connie?" Troye whined as Connor drove in the opposite direction of home.

"I told you earlier, it's a surprise!" exclaimed Connor. Just after he said it, he pulled into the parking lot of a park.

"Walking? Really?" Troye crinkled his nose. Connor nodded and motioned for him to get out of the car. Instead of immediately following the younger boy, he picked up a small box from the floor of the back seat. Somehow, he managed to hide it from Troye.

They walked hand in hand through the park for about half an hour. At some point, after noticing he was cold, Troye insisted Connor wore his jacket.

"Okay, but you have to hold this." Connor agreed. Troye took the small box.

"What's in it? Can I look?" Instead of answering, Connor took the box, opened it and held it out to Troye, "Cookies? They look so cute!"

"Yep, cookies. I made them myself!" Connor smiled cutely. Troye laughed and hesitantly took a cookie. He bite a small bit off.

"Oh my God, Connor. This is amazing" He moaned, taking another bite. Connor smiled again and took a cookie for himself. After chewing, he nodded in agreement to Troyes statement.

After they finished eating the cookies, they walked back to the car, Troye's arm around Connor's shoulder, the latters around the formers waist. Connor found it hard to believe the taller boy was still only 15. Thankfully he found out his birthday- only a month away.

The boys remained silent until they got back to Troyes house. They looked at each other.

"That was amazing," Troye sighed, "10/10 would do it again."

"So, another date sometime?" Connor asked. Troye nodded and after an awkward hug, left the car. Both boys were sure the other was perfect.

______________________________________________________________________
A/N

So Tro and Con have been on their first date! And while I was typing it up, I started to think that maybe their moving too fast- are they, or is it a good pace?

Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter, maybe you could vote or/and comment?

- Phoenix