•1•

A few boxes remained unpacked in a pile, still unpacked after a week in the new country. Their owner, a lanky 15 year old, glared at them, nostrils flared, slightly open mouth and a raised left eyebrow. Unimpressed. They weren't big or anything, Troye just wanted to sit down and go on Tumblr; possibly eat 5 jars of Nutella.

The boxes stared back until Troye finally gave in and walked towards them. The sooner the boxes were empty the sooner Troye could relax. He opened the first box and peered inside-bedding. 5 duvet covers, 10 pillow cases and 1 sheet. He sighed, made a mental note to take the box to the cupboard in the hall and opened the next box. This one was filled with stuffed animals of various sizes. The box quickly found the back of the shelf in the closet. Only a few of the toys were rescued. Soon, the contents of the boxes had all been sorted into various places.

Finally, Troye managed to nestle into his bed, computer on his lap and Tumblr on the screen. He was about to scroll down when the door opened.
"Troye, you should start getting ready for school tomorrow." His mum said. He sighed and placed his laptop on the bedside table, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. He grabbed a shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. A slow walk took him to the bathroom.

Troye's shower took 20 minutes. 10 of them were spent by him just standing under the warm water. Another half an hour was spent scrolling on the Tumblr app and sitting against a wall wrapped in a fluffy blue towel. Finally, Troye stood up, letting the towel fall from around his waist. Just as he stretched his arms, the door opened and a scream was heard throughout the house.
"Tyde! Knock before you enter! God." Troye all but screamed at his little brother. The only response was a faint mumbling about teeth brushing.

After the shock of being walked in on while participating in exercise, Troye pulled his clothes on. He was still a bit shaken up as he walked into his room. He managed to forget the awful, awful moment when he looked at the bag at the foot of his bed. Urgh, school, he thought. After a (not so) thorough check to make sure everything he'd need was in there, Troye finally collapsed onto his bed. After a brief internal debate whether to sleep or go on Tumblr, Troye pulled his duvet up to his chin and snuggled into the warmth of the mattress. Sleep was quick to invade.

Troye was woken in the morning by shouts. These included "Steele, you don't need to shave!", "Tyde, give me back my tights!" and "Don't encourage them Shaun!" Troye was about to snuggle back into his bed when a head poked around the door.
"C'mon Troye, time to get up. You don't want to be late to school on your first day." He was about to argue but decided against it. Instead, he walked over to the chest of drawers and chose an outfit. Dark grey skinny jeans, "X-Men: Wolverine" shirt and a bluey-green crewneck. After he got dressed he fished a random pair of socks out of their designated drawer.

Noticing that he only had 20 minutes left before having to leave, Troye bounded down the stairs. He only slowed down when he reached the kitchen where everyone was eating or drinking something, though Sage was the only one sitting at the table. The oldest sibling, Steele,slid Troye a cup of coffee and their mum handed him a Nutella covered slice of toast.
"Thanks" He muttered to both of them, mouth full of toast and chocolate spread. There was a peaceful eating pattern of '1 bite toast, 3 sips coffee.' With 5 minutes left until they had to leave, Troye rushed up to the bathroom where he pissed and then brushed his teeth. He made a mental note to himself to get less minty toothpaste. He grabbed the backpack from his room and bolted down the stairs again.

The three youngest Mellet children climbed into the black Honda parked in the driveway, Troye in the front with Tyde and Sage in the back. The drive to the middle school seemed to take about 5 years even though it was only 10 minutes. When they got there their mum kept on checking Sage knew where to go and where to wait after school. Eventually they set off to go to the high school. Contrary to the first journey, the one to Morgan Blake High School made 10 minutes seem like 2. All the way, Troye was unconsciously tapping his foot. They arrived all too soon.

"Remember, the office is just by the main entrance. And I'll be here to pick you up at around 10 past 3."

"Yes Mum." Troye said, starting to exit the car as Tyde called a faint goodbye and good luck.

"Oh, and make some friends!" Troye just slammed the car door in response. Slowly, he made his way to the front doors of the school.