38 - The Past Never Forgets.

ENJOY READING <3

.

.

.

Mira laid on her stomach, ducking away from the sights of their enemies. From afar, Mira could analyze the troops and how her enemies were set up in order to attack in the most efficient way possible.

Sujin sat, frozen, in place, in front of the troops as if waiting for the right moment to act. Mira's vision became fuzzy as her mind drifted off to her friend, whose life was ended on the purple-headed girl's command.

Nova.

She just... Disappeared. Died. Of course, she couldn't just brush it off. A part of her just wanted to cry but the other knew what matters were most important at the moment.

And it was defeating Sujin and saving Oraeguk.

"Ugh." Mira groaned, rubbing her foggy eyes. "My eyes hurt..." She whispered.

She shook herself out of her daze and let out a quick sigh, her eyes scanning Sujin and the troops once more. "Their troops are much bigger than i thought. And... That one-eyed bishop... Her being like that makes me anxious."

Mira's eyes traced down to Sujin's back, where the Monkey King's gourd bottle was hanging limply from her belt.

'Pilmaon must let Mori out of the bottle. Will they succeed in drawing their attention?'

​​​​​​Bora walked alongside her teammates, casually making their way towards NOX. Too casual, enough to create a diversion and shift NOX's attention towards them.

Manseok glared at NOX then muttered. "When you fight, you must make a strong impression on your enemy."

Bora chirped, skipping alongside them. "But they're all small fry after all."

Gi huffed. "Just give it a lick and a promise."

Mira stared at them, gaping, in disbelief. "What are they doing??"

Mira felt someone kneel beside her laying form. She looked over to Daewi who crouched down next to her. "Well then, let's hurry. We have no time."

Suddenly, as Mira and Daewi moved to go proceed with the second part of their plan, Manseok started running along with his teammates, away from NOX, in fright, at a crazy pace.

"Small fry?? They're all strong." Manseok huffed. Manseok stopped abruptly, skidding to a stop as he turned on his heel quickly, and snapped his foot upwards, landing a strong kick on a NOX member's head, knocking him backwards into the mob of enemies.

"MASTER!!! CAN YOU SEE ME?!?! HOW HAVE YOU'VE BEEN DOING??!!" He shouted towards Sujin. But Sujin kept her back towards him, ignoring the yelling she thought was extremely pestering.

"GET HIM!!!" Manseok heard behind him as he snapped his head to look over his shoulder, eyeing the NOX members, quickly.

He thought about Daewi. 'Everyone is quite a match... So was he fighting people like this while i was in jail...?'

"PAH!! I'LL GET STRONGER SOON!!" He said, gritting his teeth. But Manseok wasn't able to get far as he was quickly blasted with a heavy force of air. Another priest. Sakgat Kim.

"I'll take care of them." The priest said, boredly. Gi and Bora exclaimed. "A priest??"

Bora snapped back around, turning to the priest as she snatched her weapons out with one swift motion, blocking a firm attack from the enemy.