Hunting For Tears

Stepping through the portal came with a uneasy feeling. Going through your entire body, it felt as if there was a very strong presence of being watched. In front of you sat the abandoned house the same way it was left, except it appeared to have a weird glitched appearance to it. It was nearing midnight so SCP Amy was most likely in the house already. Going closer and peaking in the windows, Amy was sitting on the only chair that wasn't broken. They looked upset almost but it wasn't a sure thought. All of a sudden the head turned to the window. The now single red eye glared and spotted movement. Did it see you? No, surely not but just to be sure, you changed locations. Looking from a new angle, on the broken table in front of them laid a picture frame. Inside was a picture of Ethan and Mark standing in front of the welcome home Amy sign they make out of duct tape. Could it be that SCP Amy was actually showing emotion and was missing that feeling. Unus & Annus never talked about visiting them in this house, and even if they had, how long had it been? This gave you an idea.

Outside there was a ladder along with an open window to the second floor. Climbing up the ladder, through the window, you enter the main room of the upstairs area. There was paint and sheets covering everything. And maybe there was a reason for this. You got to work until the sun came up. By the time the sun had risen, the project you had in mind was complete. And now it was time to do the rest. Going down the stairs to check, a door slammed below. Looking out the closest window, it was SCP Amy leaving the house. With time on the mind, you begin to clean up the downstairs area. All the broken furniture was either thrown outside or fixed with a bit of glue rope or whatever else you had access to. Some of the easy movable items from upstairs, you brought down and set up. By sunset, the abandoned house went from looking like a tornado into an actual liveable house. The final touches were the project you spent the entire night on. In the kitchen, you hung up a banner, hand painted that read, "Welcome home Amy". To finish everything off, the picture that was on the table was dusted and cleaned and sat back on the now standing table. With only a few hours to go, you sat in the kitchen, waiting for Amy to arrive. There was no telling what would happen. It could work, or it could be a complete disaster and them end up taking you down. But it was a risk worth taking. Unus & Annus's lives were on the line. Hours passed and finally, there was a jiggle of a door handle... then a thud of an object...

    Creeping down the stairs, you glanced down ever so stealthily, to find SCP-Amy with the mallet on the floor. "Amy...", you call. She turns around with the glowing red eye with a stream going down. Part of you wonders how she's able to express human emotions but now isn't the time to be skeptical about that kinda stuff. Walking down the stairs and towards SCP-Amy, you open your arms in signal of a hug. "Welcome home Amy". She starts moving closer and closer. Inches away from each other, you wrap your hands around her and whisper softly, "everyone misses you. No one ever forgot you." The grip tightens and there's noises coming from her. It sounds heavily like sobbing. This was the moment. You pulled out the hourglass beneath you both to let tears fall upon it. In that moment things changed. Time froze still. Looking down at the hourglass it had a glow to it now.

     You had what was needed. There was no reason to stay any longer but something came over you. Time unfrozen and you let go of SCP Amy. "Everyone loved you. I love you. Its time may be over but your time hasn't t stopped yet. I found something upstairs that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Just promise me that from now on, you will remember that your not alone. I'll come back to visit you one day with Unus and Annus I promise. I'm sure they'll be glad to see you again" Pulling out from underneath a cloth in the room is a bucket full of paints and canvases. "......." She had no words but you could tell she was very thankful. You rush in for one last hug. "I'm sorry about that last time I was here. I hope this is enough of a gesture to forgive me. Goodbye for now.", you say letting go and waving goodbye. Closing the door behind you, a paintbrush is up in the air waving you away. Walking back to the door heading back to your reality, you realize that they just needed their purpose back. Will that be the same for everyone? That you didn't know?