Gongoozlers Pond

Walking on the path to Gongoozlers Pond, the further you got, the more mud and mush area there was. It was now nightfall and there was one thing that was said not to do. Do not go to the Gongoozler at night... Oh well too late. Approaching the pond, nothing but a dark navy abyss fills the water, with reflections from the full moon. There were a few bushes scattered around the pond along with a few trees. It seemed calm, but surely the Gongoozler was lurking. (And it was ComINg FoR YoUr ToEs !). It was always said that it would appear into the body of water through a dimensional rift at the bottom, and there was no saying when or if it happened or would at all. You searched around the pond just to make sure you didn't see the other half of the dimension container. It was with no luck, not a trace of it. Perhaps it was in the water? Of course it would be, how else would the Gongoozler protect it? Imagine a time that you would have to jump into a pond, at night, with a Gongoozler, to find an interdimensional rift, to find half of some weird container. Well, you don't have to imagine it cause you were going to do just that.

Walking up to the water's edge, you crouch down and see a slight reflection of you. The moonlight beaming in the water made it hard to see properly. You started to see distortion in your reflection. Gongoozler leaped out where your reflection was, taking you back, falling onto the ground. You backed up and looked towards the water. Two eyes... That's all that was visible. He was watching you, every step you made. This was going to be extremely difficult. You grabbed the net you brought and had it ready in hand. The plan was you had to get to Gongoozlers exit portal at the bottom of the pond without him chasing you. It was obvious that he could swim faster than you. Its scent was also amazing, so even if you could hide it would be no such luck. You decide that the only way to prevent him chasing, was to somehow lure it to land. It wasn't going to be easy though as that would put it at a disadvantage, and it knew it. Off to the side there was a rusty bucket and that granted a great idea. If you could manage to fill the bucket and "water" the ground, maybe it would have more reason to chase you onto land. But what to use as bait. (I think you already know the answer...) you took off your shoes, exposing your feet and the Gongoozler was watching. He knew something was up but had no idea what. You managed to grab a bucket full of water and flood a path onto land. The Gongoozler decided to follow you upon the land. It had a soulful gaze upon its eyes, almost as it was trying to trick you. It was now far enough away from the pond, it was time. You take a few steps back to make it think that you were scared, it followed. You gripped the net and threw it over it. It didn't realize but you, at some point affixed some rocks to the edges. It was a weighted net. It flew onto the Gongoozler and it was trapped. Pulling out the shovel, you hit it once just to leave it dazed to grant you time to grab what you came for.

     You dove into the pond and swam a couple feet down. At the bottom, there was a rift like those papers you read about. Swimming through it came a room, with knee high water and tons of fog. Walking around, you hit something. Picking it up, it revealed it was a rope. Following the rope it brought you to a corner of the room, filled with rubble and rocks. Quickly sorting through, you find the dimensional container. The two pieces were now found and could be put together, but you were still missing an "eye of red". Using the rope, you are able to manage a way back through the rift in the ceiling. Back into the water, you start swimming as you are running out of air. Almost reaching the surface, something grabs at your feet. Encased in a net was the Gongoozler. It couldn't get the net off but that wasn't going to stop it. It grabbed you by the toes as the sources said it would. Kicking, you loosen its grip, but it keeps reattaching itself to you. You were desperate for air as you lived on oxygen, but it wouldn't allow that. Knowing there was no up in sight, a decision was made. You kicked at the Gongoozlers face and began to dive down towards the rift. Falling back into the room, now almost waist deep water the Gongoozler follows. This was it, you could at least keep a stance and fight. You wait for an opening and see a part of the net. Lunging and grabbing the net, it pulled the Gongoozlers head out of the water. Acting briskly, you bring the next over your shoulder and smash it down in front of you, with the Gongoozler following. It became dazed but this wasn't it. It became more tangled in the net, but that wasn't good enough. You could see the rope up and grabbed the other end. Using the rope you tied it to a part of the net and then began to climb back up the rope. It tries to reach for you and is unsuccessful. Escaping back into the water above,upon getting to the surface, you could finally breathe properly. Getting out of the water you grab your supplies and walk back to the abandoned house. It was now nightfall and whatever was supposed to show up, did. You could hear thrashing in the house. Starting to piece together what it was, this wasn't going to be fun one bit.