The White Door

You grabbed the handle to the door, it was warm. Turning it open, it revealed a desert area. It was broad daylight, dry air, tall grass scattered around. Standing over in the field was a white figure, next to a shovel. You decide to close the door behind you and walk over to them. It was Annus, wearing camp attire. This flooded back all the memories from the Camp Unus Annus days. Annus was busy digging a hole with the shovel and singing a song, "digging our friend a grave". You approached them and the hole and said " when the road gets rough ahead, you can just dig a grave, throw your friend in instead" . Annus' head popped up and continued the song, "no don't go back to that comfortable bed". "You'll dig a grave with me" you both sang. Then silence.... Annus spoke- "it's been such a long time since I had a buddy sing that with me" , "you came here in search of something, didn't you?"  You told Annus that you were here to investigate, and asked them what they were doing here. "This room is protected from REDACTED and The Timer, they can't find or trap me here" Perhaps you had heard this before? Annus continued to dig as they spoke, "There's something to help you here but I can't seem to find it, me and Unus buried it a while ago. Do you think you can help me find it? For your sake of course" You grab your trusty tactical shovel and start digging.

     After about an hour of digging, and singing, digging our friend a grave, you found something. It was a spiralled stone that fit in the palm of your hand. You showed Annus the stone and their face lit up " That's it! Nice job!". You asked what it was, and they explained, "it's a stone that can reverse the dimension back to a previous state. It's kinda like a do-over, if you will. Me and Unus both had one, just in case a problem was to ever arise. I guess now is just as good a time as any. You look at the time and realize you need to keep moving. You say to Annus "Everything is going to be okay, I promise. I will not let REDACTED and The Timer win. Thank you for the help. You have no idea how much it means to me." Annus nodded their head and said " no problem, just promise to do one thing for me, If you see Unus, tell them I miss seeing them." You shook your head yes and started walking towards the door, then a sound came from behind. Annus appeared right behind you with their hand out. You put your hand out and shook their hand. "I'll never forget you, most would've just gone insane, but you, you stayed strong. Keep on moving, keep your head up and watch out for Heehoo, that thing has been a mess lately. They've been chilling inside the portal so I'd watch if I were you." You turned your head to the door signaling it was time to go and Annus said one last thing. " Remember the buddy system, Memento Mori " . "I will, Always remember the buddy system, Memento Mori" you said with your eyes watering. You closed the door behind you. You were back into the split room the same way it was left.