The Hourglass

The past 24 hours have been most likely the craziest time of your life. Sure you've done some pretty interesting things, but this took the cake. Walking over to the living room, you place the items you gathered on the table. It didn't take much brain power to build the dimensional container. It just locked together with a slot to place the eye. When assembled, it let off an eerie glow. All that was left was the blueprint for the hourglass. It mentioned pressing the top and bottom to let out a pulse of some sort. This would be great to investigate, but the problem was, the hourglass was missing. A week or so before this the police had shown up and explained that the hourglass had been lost. The day after, it appeared in your house but it did not stay. It was missing. There was no real way to trace it other than the luck of hearing the ticking & hoping it would lead you to it. Your friend decided to crash at your house for the night.

It was 3:01 AM, lying comfortably in your bed and your friend downstairs in the living room. Tick.... Tick.... Tick.... It started. Tick.. Tick.. Tick.. Tick.. it became faster. TICK. TICK. TICK! It became louder. Getting out of bed running downstairs, your friend is up and starting at the TV. The screen is black. "Everything okay?". The head turns.... Nothing but a blank face with spirals in their eyes. They were holding the hourglass in their hands. How did they get it? Before you could say anything your friend spoke. "Danger is upon us. The hourglass can only protect you for so long." Before another word could be muttered, you slapped your friend. (Just enough for them to snap out of it.) "What happened?", "I wish I knew... at least the hourglass is back where it belonged". You grabbed the hourglass from your friend and held onto it to keep sight of it.The ticking had stopped but there was much more to worry about. There was a strange presence around you. It almost felt as something was watching outside the windows. Splitting up to check out the strange feeling, you proceeded back upstairs. All the lights had started suddenly flickering , then poof! The lights were out. There was a sound coming from your bedroom closet. (Now... we're you really thinking about opening up this closet right now? That's obviously a stupid idea right? I guess it would be even more stupid if you left it to be, whatever it was.) Opening the bedroom closet, two familiar faces appeared. It was Unus and Annus ! Without hesitation you jumped forward hugging the both of them. "I glad you're together. I got the dimensional container and a blueprint on how to use the hourglass. I think I know how to take down REDACTED!" Unus and Annus looked at you as if something wasn't clear. It's almost as if they were frozen. Why would this be? A footstep sounds behind you. Turning your head, I tall muddles spiral figure holding a Timer appeared.

" Thank you for showing me to my assignment. You really are a gem. Aside from being a pest that is. I get it you want Unus Annus to live on, but it's time they get thrown into where they deserve. The inter dimensional breach centre. (IDBC for short.) Don't worry they'll live a life of eternal damnation. They committed crimes such as: attempted murder of a inanimate object, disobeying lawful orders, and worst of all, attempting to delete all evidence from and ongoing investigation. The Timer here won't rest until these two get what they deserve. If you do not stand aside, you will also be taken to the IDBC. You won't even last a day. Give up, you know what's best here..."

They couldn't escape and the only thing between them being caught was you. As it was once said, you would defend them till the end of this no matter what the consequences, and you would continue to stand by that. "Thanks but I think you're forgetting who really has the power here." "??? What are you talking about?" You held the hourglass from top and bottom, and pushed in. A pulse when out of it striking REDACTED. It caused it to glitch along with the Timer in hand. You close the closet door with Unus and Annus inside and run downstairs. You didn't know how much time you had until this was over. Yelling to your friend they heard and ran up the stairs with a flashlight. Not just any flashlight. One that could spout out over 50000 lumens. Running back into the room it looked as if it was about to move again. "Cover your eyes!" Flashing the light at max on and off, REDACTED disappeared. You ran to check the closet and they were also gone.

(There was a note left). " We're sorry to bring you into this. If only we knew how far they would go. We never intended to break any laws, it was the point of the channel. You'll find us in a room in our dimension. There will be a timer marked on the door. Please hurry we must devise a plan and fast. REDACTED can't reach us in there so we'll be safe. Just watch out for the "guards" They likes to roam around there. Maybe just don't pay attention to them. Good luck!". You decided to go back alone, as you don't know what to expect. Grabbing the needed supplies, it was time to embark back into the closet dimension. Opening the door and closing it behind, you were brought back to the split room. Something was off about the room, it almost appeared to be flickering or fading in and out. Hopefully this didn't mean trouble. Looking around the room, behind you were now two doors: Both contained an hourglass with a timer with an unreadable time and looked identical.They said about an hourglass, but never there being two identical doors.It was time to make a decision.

__________________________________________________________________

*This part of the story you must only choose one path. Each will lead to the same end but with major event changes. To make sense of the story please only choose to read either:
Part 15- The Left Door or Part 16- The Right Door*
*Good luck, see you on the other side....*