The Black Door

You grabbed the handle to the door, it was cold.Turning it open, it revealed a desert area at night. The stars were out bright as ever. There was no light other than what was up in the sky. Standing in an open spot was Unus. You walked over , and stood beside them. "What are you doing here? Can't REDACTED get you in here?" -you asked. " These rooms are a safe spot where REDACTED cannot enter. This is when I was at my happiest, everything was going the way it was. Do you remember a serious conversation under the stars?". You nodded your head, then continued to look up at the stars while Unus continued to talk. " Me and Annus had a connection before this but, this is when I felt I really understood him. He pretended like he wasn't scared of anything, especially the end of the channel, but he was. Yes, it was gonna be an amazing thing, but imagine just making something you love disappear." Unus looked to you, looking up amongst the stars. You had tears rolling down your face, maybe just the dry air, maybe dirt? (Or it could be the fact that Unus could make you cry). Unus turned towards you and reached out their hand, fist closed. You stretched out your hand, and he gave you a spiral stone. "I know this doesn't make sense yet, but it will. You'll have to brave yourself through the portal, and face what lies on the other side. The Gongoozler is one of the foes you will meet on your path. Remember, visit him in the daytime, you know what he does in the night.

     "Any other questions' ' - Unus asked. You asked if REDACTED would actually go to the lengths of hurting anyone, to get what he wants. " REDACTED only does what they are told by The Timer . Its soul is rather bitter and harsh, and it would throw away a key and keep you locked up to your inevitable demise, if it meant that it would catch us. I ask you that whatever you do, do it alone. Don't bring anyone into this, it's safer to go in alone."  Unus looked back up upon the stars, and asked "what do you think the meaning of Unus Annus was? I mean, I know it was for one year and to appreciate the time you have but, something always seemed to be missing." This entire time, you had been living through an Unus Annus video, if only Annus was here. What was Annus doing behind their door? You looked at your watch, and decided it was time to move and keep investigating. You thanked Unus for everything they had done and promised to them, it was all gonna be okay.

     You started making your way to the door and you heard a noise. You turned around to see Unus right behind you. Before you could say anything Unus full force, went in for a hug. "I'm glad that we have fans that we can depend on. I knew you were the right choice" Unus started crying black tears, rolling down their cheeks, gripping as tight as possible. You wrapped your arms around them as well as tight as possible. This was a memory that you would keep for the rest of your life. Unus let go and said the famous last words "see you on the other side". Closing the door shut with tears in your eyes, you said " see you on the other side". The door closed and you were back into the split room.