Chapter 21: Tangled

The trio made it to the forest. Tubbo got up with the satchel.

"Ranboo you guard Tommy." He said quickly.

"Is something wrong?" Tommy said getting worried.

"I'm sorry about this everything is fine there's just something I need to take care of, stay here with Ranboo and Chat ok?" Tubbo said.

"Ok." Tommy agreed watching Tubbo go into the trees.

Tubbo walked far until he came across the twins.

"Ah there you are I've been searching for you since we got separated." Tubbo said watching the twins.

There was silence.

"Ok well I just wanted to say the crown is yours I'll miss you but this was fun." He said tossing the satchel towards them and turning to head back, bumping into Patchy.

"Holding back the real treasure aren't you Tubbo." Sideburns said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tubbo said backing up.

"We heard you found something, something worth ten thousand crowns." Sideburns said stalking closely to Tubbo. "We want the boy." That was the last thing Tubbo heard the world going black.

~~~~~

The duo had been waiting a while.

"Tubbo's not gonna leave right?" Tommy asked.

"It's not like him." Ranboo affirmed.

The two heard a twig snap.

"Oh Tubbo." Tommy said turning to the silhouette.

"Tommy," Ranboo said worried. "That's not Tubbo." He said watching the figure grow taller than their friend and split in two.

"Tommy, Tommy RUN!" Ranboo said pushing the boy away.

Chat got scared. They needed help. They flew off.

Ranboo was hit over the head and out in an instant.

Tommy was scared he started running avoiding everything in his path.

He heard some grunts and two heavy thuds.

"Tommy?!?" He heard the voice of his brother.

"Dream??" He headed back the way he came seeing his brother with the twins at his feet.

"Oh Tommy there you are," Dream said moving to hug Tommy.

"Dream I, I was so scared." Tommy started.

"It's fine Tommy it's fine we're safe now. But we have to go before they wake up." Dream said starting to pull the boy.

"Wait but what about Tubbo and Ranboo." Tommy said looking around he looked towards the sea seeing a boat floating to a dock and a figure on it.

"Oh Tommy I'm so so sorry." Dream said leading Tommy's shocked form away.

~~~~~

The princes quickly ran to the docks after telling their parents they were gonna get the crown back.

They searched the groups of people coming back into the Empire.

A boat hit the docks far to their left.

Tubbo woke up.

"Ugh Tommy? Ranboo?" He looked around realizing he wasn't with his friends.

"TOMMY?!? RANBOO?!?" He yelled getting the attention of the guards and princes.

"Look the crown." The guards rushed down and captured Tubbo.

"Wait stop, STOP YOU DON'T GET IT THEIR IN TROUBLE!!!" Tubbo yelled trying to get free of the guards.

"That was Tubbo." Wilbur said turning to his brother.

The two princes ran off.

Ranboo awoke alone. He remembered what happened he looked for his friends, seeing the twins knocked out.

"Tommy? Tubbo?" He looked towards the empire seeing a commotion.

He dashed up and ran towards the empire and bumped into the princes.

"Woah Ranboo what's up we were looking for you? Where's Tommy and Tubbo." Wilbur asked the rushed boy.

"Tubbo and I had a plan to trick the stabbington twins but something must have gone wrong, they came after Tommy and I and when I awoke Tubbo and Tommy were gone and the brothers were knocked out." Ranboo rambled quickly.

The princes faces dropped. The trio ran off towards the Palace.