Chapter 12: Tangled

Soon the two broke out of the the cave falling into the water below.

Chat flies over to the shore showing Tommy and Tubbo to their safe haven.

The first to emerge from the water is Tommy.

"We made it." Tommy said happily.

Tubbo on the other hand comes out second and sits there coughing up what little water he swallowed confused on this revelation.

"We're alive!" Tommy said moving to get the rope from the water.

Once the water was out of Tubbo's system he started talking to himself and Chat about what was happening.

"His hair glows! He has wings!" Tubbo started while still gasping for air.

"Tubbo." Tommy said trying to talk to the boy.

"I didn't see that coming!" Tubbo said to himself.

"Tubbo!" Tommy said once more just a little louder.

"His wings glow!! Why do his hair and wings glow!?!?!" He asked turning to chat.

"TUBBO!" Tommy said finally a little mad at his (friend??? Kidnapper???) tour guide.

"WHAT!?" Tubbo said looking towards Tommy.

"They don't just glow." He said smiling towards Tubbo.

"Why is he smiling at me like that?!?" Tubbo asked Chat a little scared.

Soon it becomes dark and Tubbo and Tommy find a place to stay the night.

"I'm gonna do something and I need you to not freak out." Tommy said to Tubbo, taking his wings out of his back and letting them relax and touch the floor.

Chat is sitting on Tommy's head preening his feathers.

Tubbo looks up from the fire they had started and turns towards Tommy.

"What?" He asks confused.

"Let me just- here just don't freak out promise." Tommy started cutting himself off and cupping Tubbo's hands in his own, he took one of his wings and placed it over both their hands.

"Ok sure?" Tubbo answered confused.

"𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘸
𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦,"

As Tommy started singing his wings and hair started to glow.

"𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦
𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦,"

As he continued to sing, Chat puffing up on his head, the glow moved throughout his hair and wings making their hands warm.

"𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴' 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯,"

Tubbo continued to look at their hands confused on what Tommy was doing.

"𝘚𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵
𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦."

Tommy finished moving his wing back into place and uncupping Tubbo's hands.

Tubbo looked down at his hands seeing that it was completely healed from before.

"Ah-" Tubbo gasped a little scared.

"Please don't freak out!" Tommy started cutting Tubbo off.

"Ah, no, nope, I'm not freaking out. Are you freaking out? I'm just surprised about your hair and wings and the magical qualities they possess." Tubbo started rambling.

"Mmh ok." Tommy said looking at Tubbo.

"So how long has it been doing that?" Tubbo asked the blonde.

"Uhm my whole life?" Tommy said unsure.

"My brother always said that people would come to try and take my wings and cut all my hair off." Tommy said explaining his story a little more.

"I have never learned what would happen if I lost my hair and wings. All my brother said is it would be a terrible outcome." Tommy said to the boy.

"So that's why you never left that tower?" Tubbo asked.

"Yeah." Was the only response the blonde gave.

"And you still want to go back?" He asked the blonde.

"Yes? No? I'm not sure. I want to but this has been so fun." Tommy said to Tubbo, the boy just looked at the blonde.