Chapter 4: Tangled

The blonde and crow finished up the painting and relaxed. It was quite and the blonde almost fell asleep until-

"Tommy!!!" The blonde heard his name.

"Hide Chat." The bird hid and Tommy went to help his brother.

"Coming Dream!!" He yelled back getting the rope he left at the window to pull his brother in. And he did just that pulled up his brother in.

"Welcome home Dream." Tommy said.

"Ugh Tommy how you manage to do that every single day without fail. It looks absolutely exhausting." Dream said turning to his brother.

"Oh it's nothing." Tommy said a little exhausted.

"Then I don't know why it takes so long." Dream sing-songed.

Tommy was a little surprised by that but said nothing about it.

"So brother as you know tomorrow is a really big day-"

"Tommy I'm sorry you're brother is feeling a little run down would you sing for me??" Dream said cutting the blonde off.

"Oh of course Dream."

Tommy was excited he quickly got a chair for his brother and a stool for himself, positioned them in the right spot, sat his brother down, who was already going to sit but that's besides the point. Grabbed Dreams hands and started to sing.

𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘸
𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦
𝘔𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦
𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" Dream exclaimed trying to get tommy to slow down.

𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯
𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵
𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦

"Tommy-" Dream started.

"Brother as I was saying tomorrow is a really big day," Tommy said cutting off Dream and coming closer. "And you didn't really respond, so I'm just gonna tell you. It's my birthday, surprise." He continued hugging Dreams arm a little.

"No no no can't be I distinctly remember. Your birthday was last year." Dream said taking Tommy off his arm.

"That's the funny thing about birthdays brother their kind of an annual thing." Tommy said in response.

"Dream I'm turning 17 and I wanted to ask what I really want for this birthday, well it's what I really wanted for a lot of birthdays up until this point-" Tommy started to ramble.

"Ok Tommy please stop with the rambling, you know how I feel about the rambling, blah blah blah blah. It's very annoying," Dream turned to see Tommy a little upset at that.

"I'm just teasing, you're my little brother, I love you so much Tommy." Dream said standing up and going to his knapsack he carries around.

Tommy looked at Chat.

"I wanna see the floating lights." Tommy blurted.

Dream looked at him.

"What??" He said laughing in a way Tommy had never heard before.

"Oh, well I was hoping you'd take me to see the floating lights." Tommy said going towards the stairs where his drawing sat.

"Oh you mean the stars." Dream said, turning back to his knapsack to continue what he was doing before, but sill keeping an eye on Tommy.

"That's the thing I've charted stars and their always constant," Tommy said pulling back a curtain to show his work.

"but these they appear on my birthday and only on my birthday, Dream. And I feel like their meant for me." He turned to Dream begging him.

"I need to see them and not just from the window in person I want to know what they are." He finished waiting for Dreams response.

"You want to go outside?? Tommy that's demented. Look at you as fragile as a flower." Dream said closing the window heading towards Tommy.

"You know why we stay up in this tower." He said grabbing Tommy's hands

"I know."

"That's right to keep you safe and sound." He cut off Tommy.

"Yes I always knew this day would come. You want to leave me all alone. Soon Tommy but not now." He said moving around the tower.

"But-" Tommy tried to interject.

"Trust me Tommy, Brother knows best." Dream cut Tommy off.

"Brother knows best listen to me, it's a scary world out there." Dream started scaring Tommy.

"Listen to me Tommy, one way or another something will go wrong I swear." Dream said going behind Tommy to his other side.

"There's ruffians and thugs in the empire. Poison ivy and quicksand in the forest. Cannibals and snakes as well." Dream started listing off things that Tommy had read about that were bad.

"The plague-" Dream said. "No!" Tommy exclaimed getting more scared.

"Also large bugs, citizens with pointy teeth. Now let's stop there because I'm getting upset." Dream said changing the topic.

"Skip this nonsense and stay with me, Brother knows best." Dream said moving to the stairs some how. Tommy didn't think about it.

"On your own you won't survive. You're sloppy and underdressed for the weather. You're still immature and clumsy." Dream said gesturing to Tommy's outfit and tripping him as well without Tommy's knowledge.

"You're too gullible and naïve people would use you for your magic." Dream said plucking a loose feather he saw.

"I'm just saying this cause I love you. All I have is one request." Dream finished, Tommy finally able to hug him.

"Tommy??" Dream asked.

"Yes?" Tommy wondered.

"Don't ever ask to leave the tower again." Dream said.

"Yes Dream." Tommy agreed.

"Oh dear. I love you Tommy, but don't forget Brother knows best." Dream said trying to cheer Tommy up.

"Yes Dream. I love you too." Tommy said.

"Now I'll go get us something to eat." Dream said grabbing his knapsack and heading to the window.

"Ok I'll see you." Tommy said starting to lower Dream.

"Yes you will." Dream said yelling up to Tommy.

"I'll be here." Tommy said going back inside.