thirty five)

"if I'm wrong then.. stand up. can't be that hard" he shrugged.

I turned to Eddie who gave me a defeated look that sort of said.. 'just tell him'.

I don't think either of us were very happy with Steve seeing my tits.

"I can't" I stated.

"why not?" he wondered.

I sighed.

"because you're right, Harrington" Eddie threw his head back in defeat.

A loud smack was heard when the boy clapped his hands together in excitement.

"I knew it! I fucking knew it! From day one I fucking knew it.. well robin knew it and subtly pointed it out to me but I knew it!" he was practically jumping on the spot. "so I really did this? I super match maked you guys?"

Eddie and I shared the same look once more.

"actually.. this has been going on since like.. a week after we went to that carnival.." Eddie mumbled.

"that was like 3 weeks ago!" he yelled. "you've been hiding this for three weeks!?"

"I guess.." I shrugged.

"so what is this.. are you guys like.. together or is this just a.. fuck buddy situation?" He asked, sitting down at the bottom of the bed.

Uh..

"no uh.. we're together. we made it official about.. couple days ago actually" Eddie nodded.

"I cannot tell you how happy I am. Who knows??" He wondered.

"uh nancy clocked it after you made us kiss yesterday" I smirked at the boy who looked a little guilty.

"sorry.. about that" he scratched behind his ear.

"just.. we're trying to keep this quiet for a bit longer. Is that okay?" Eddie asked the boy.

"yep, absolutely" he stood up straight and pulled his fingers across his lips as if he was zipping a bag.

He stood there for a moment just smiling at the two of us.

It was kind of creepy.

"oh! fuck, you guys are naked. sorry, I'll leave" he chuckled nervously before rushing out of the room. "I'll see you guys later!"

After one quick yell, he was back out of the trailer.

"fuck" I muttered, pulling my knees to my chest. "fuck!"

"hey.. it's.. it's okay" he began rubbing my back which.. certainly helped but I was still freaking out.

In less than 24 hours, TWO people now know about me and Eddie.

This is not how it was supposed to go.

FUCK.

This was meant to be ours and now it's all out of control.

And its gonna be ruined.

This is all gonna be ruined.

"baby?" I heard his voice in my ears.

Everything is over.

Everything is going to shit AGAIN.

fuck this.

Fuck all of this.

I couldn't stop thinking.

Thoughts raced around my head.

Thought of heartbreak and horror.

What if he tells everyone?

What if everyone disapproves?

What if everyone thinks Eddie is a total fucking idiot for dating me and stops being friends with us??

I'd have just ruined everything.

He'd lose the band and the club.

Everyone will hate me.

Dustin will hate me.

Eddie will hate me.

I should've been more careful.

I'm such a fucking idiot.

I was suddenly taken out of my thoughts by the sound of music filling the room.

Music I recognised but hadn't heard in years.

"life could be a dream, life could be a dream" I lifted my head to see Eddie Munson across the room, turning up the volume of his stereo.

"care to dance?" he held his hand out to me.

I stared at the boy for a moment.

"what the fuck is going on?" a chuckle escaped from my mouth.

"come on" he grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet.

He pulled my body towards his and intertwined our fingers, throwing them outright and then sliding his other hand around my back.

I couldn't help but chuckle when he began rocking us back and forth to the tune of the song.

"tell me darling I'm the only one that you love.. life could be a dream, sweetheart" he grinned, singing softly to me.

It suddenly clicked to me where I knew this song.

My mother used to sing it to me when I was younger to fall asleep.

She did the same with Dustin up until recently.

I won't tell anyone that.

Despite neither of us knowing how to dance, we danced around the room, spinning each other at some moments and laughing loudly when the boy opposite me began scatting along with the song.

He pulled my close and rested his forehead against mine, the two of us rocking still to the music.

The laughter and the conversation fell.

Yet it was still perfect.

"what was this all about??" I pulled away from him, not stopping the motion or the music.

"just wanted to see you smile" he stated honestly. "talk to me"

"I'm freaked the fuck out that Steve knows" I replied.

"I know but.. It's gonna be okay" he nodded. "what's the worst that could happen if people know??"

"I don't know.. a part of me is scared that the world will end if everyone finds out" I mumbled.

"are you ashamed of me??" he tilted his head like a goddamn puppy.

"no! no! never! I'm ashamed of me. I'm just scared, I'm scared for your sake" I exclaimed.

"you are perfect, y/n henderson so... shut your fucking mouth" he cupped my face with his hands.

He smiled at me before pushing his hands together.

"squish" he mumbled.

"shut up" I grinned, grabbing his hands and pushing them away.

"alright, so now that I've made you happy. What's the plan for today?" he took my hands in his again.

"as beautiful and lovely as you are.. I should probably head home" I frowned.

"but.. don't you wanna.. stay in bed a little longer before you go?" he mumbled, swinging our arms back and forth.

A small smirk grew on my face.

"alright" I nodded.