twenty)

We walked into the cafeteria to see that surprisingly the whole Hellfire gang was already seated and in conversation.

"well where have you two been??" Will chirped up as we took our usual seats.. that being me where ever there's a spare seat and Eddie at the top of the table, of course.

"took a little.. break out by the bleachers" Eddie grinned.

I was nervous at how he phrased it but the way everyone reacted, they knew what he meant.

"so we're still on for Hellfire tomorrow, right??" Gareth asked quickly, almost as if he'd had the question in his head all morning.

Eddie turned to look at him as if he was stupid.

"who do you think i am?? you think I.. am one to postpone the cult.. of vecna??" he leant in close to the boy.

I wasn't sure what he was talking about but I always found Eddie's DND master alterego very attractive.

"it is the ending.. the closing.. the final battle on thus very night. this is a very crucial night, Gareth. If you think for a second that i would even THINK.. of doing anything to jeopardise this important eve... then you are disastrously wrong" he muttered, ever so seriously.

I noticed Dustin and Mike grinning in response to Gareths ass being kicked, and Eddie noticed too which is why he threw some pretzel crumbs at them.

I nodded in approval.

"right. now that my appetite has been destroyed.. I'm gonna get a drink" Eddie dramatically pushed himself away from the table, almost bumping into someone walking behind him. "anyone care to join me??"

I noticed the lack of food in front of me and began pushing myself up from my chair when the conversation was cut over by my dear brother.

"Eddie, you dropped something" Dustin picked something up from the floor.

"what is it??" Will eagerly asked from across the table.

"it's a tape.. I think" Dustin shrugged.

Eddie looked noticeably panicked.

"You really got me by The Kinks" Mike took the tape and read out.

I knew that song.

It was.. one of their more romantic songs in their discography.

Well.. I guess you could call it romantic.

I don't think anyone else knew that though.

Thank god.

"I just.. it's.. I picked it up this morning. really good song" Eddie mumbled, reaching over to grab the tape.

"it says 'From E' on the back" Dustin stated.. the whole table turned to look at the boy.

It was then I realised.

"is this for someone??" Mike asked, a small smile on his face.

"Eddie, that's so sweet" Will pouted.

"it's not.. for anyone" he demanded before shoving it back into his pocket and walking away.

I decided not to follow him.

I don't think I could've anyway.

"holy shit. do you think Eddie likes someone??" Dustin wondered, the whole table leaned into each other in the instant he left.

"he did seem very defensive" Mike nodded.

"maybe that's just what was written on the tape when he bought it" I shrugged. "you know.. they're all second hand now. It might just be a total coincidence"

"plus Munson hasn't had a crush since freshman year.. man's too busy for love. he doesn't care about that shit" Gareth butted in, stuffing a sandwich in his mouth.

"he has been happier lately though.." Will stated.

WILLIA M BYERS SHUT UP.

"hello? are you even awake?? he's been in a total mood all lunch" Jeff gawked at the small boy.

"you know what, let's just drop it. it's none of our business anyway" Dustin cut over the conversation.. thankfully.

I stared down at the table in silence while the conversation continued.

Right.

So.

I guess we've officially upgraded from just.. songs we think the other will like to.. sort of.. love songs.

Or maybe that's not the case at all.

Maybe he just thinks I'd like the song.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the lyrics or the fact that it's a love song.

But why would he be so defensive and panicked when Dustin found the tape??

But if it meant nothing, couldn't he just say the tape was for me??

And that we exchange songs we think the other would like??

Does that mean it does means something??

Does he really think like that??

But why didn't he give it to me this morning??

Why is he...

Fuck.

"y/n?" I heard a voice.

I turned my head to see Will Byers sat next to me.

"the bells rung" he stated softly.

"thanks, chip" I smiled, ruffling his hair before standing up myself and whipping my bag over my shoulder. "uh.. what's next for you??"

"uhh... Maths I think.." he mumbled.

"fuck. sorry, dude" I frowned, throwing my arm around his shoulder. "is Mike gonna be there with you??"

"yes.." he lowered his head to the floor.

"can't be too bad then" I smirked.

"shut up" he pushed me away softly.

"this is my class, I'll see you later" I waved at the boy and entered my English classroom to.. surprisingly see Eddie Munson sat next to me assigned seat.

"funny seeing you here" I snickered.

"I know right, it's almost like I actually go here" he replied as I threw my bag under the table and took my seat.

"you seemed a little.. upset at lunch, are you okay??" I wondered.

"sorry" he mumbled. "I just.. panicked when Dustin found that tape"

"why??" I asked.

"you know why" he smiled softly, turning his head to his desk.

"because it was for me??" I nudged his foot with mine.

He didn't say anything but I knew the truth.

"do you mean it??" I asked the forbidden question.

"mean what??" he turned to look at me again.

"the song.. the lyrics.." I smiled.

"what do you think, Wilson?" he shot me a grin before pulling out my copy of Pride and Prejudice before reading silently.

He still has it.

I pulled out my Frankenstein copy and continued from where I left off.

Mere moments later.. I saw that in the corner of my eye, Eddie had slid a tape onto my desk.

"if you let anyone find that, I'll hurt you" he teased, quietly.

"don't threaten me with a good time" I blushed before sliding the tape into my jacket pocket.

Authors Note///

hi hi sweet people!
I'm sorry I haven't updated in like.. a week. I have had a LOT going on, I finished college, I saw Elton John last night and I just haven't had a lot of time to write. Thank you for all the continuous love<333 I will try my best to post as often as I usually do.